Another wheels thread

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Citcope

Another wheels thread

Postby Citcope » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

I think there should be a sticky for wheels in the 05 + section. I would like to know what wheels will fit the Pathfinder with out any modifications or issues with fitment. I tried searching and found a thread that led me to another nissan forum.

Anyway does anyone know for sure that the Procomp wheels fit the 05 + Pathfinders? or are there just certain models of wheels that fit? If anyone has aftermarket wheels what did you have to do to make sure that they would work with the pathfinder or was it a shot in the dark?

I am looking for a Matte black/flat black offroad wheels that will work with my 06 Path.

Thanks...

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:39 pm

No help huh? Man out of over 100 views and no one has any comments that is crazy. I am pretty sure there is a few members who would like to know what brand/type of wheels/rims that fit the 05 + Path other than myself.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm

You could have you stock wheels painted flat black.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:22 pm

Citcope wrote:No help huh? Man out of over 100 views and no one has any comments that is crazy. I am pretty sure there is a few members who would like to know what brand/type of wheels/rims that fit the 05 + Path other than myself.
Check out:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/ ... -add-5949/

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 pm

thanks for the help Blue but like i stated in my first post....
I would like to know what wheels will fit the Pathfinder with out any modifications or issues with fitment. I tried searching and found a thread that led me to another nissan forum.
So i thought maybe someone on here with a pathfinder knows of what wheels might fit with out any issues.

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 pm

pawjr74 wrote:You could have you stock wheels painted flat black.
thought about that too but with having only one vehicle its hard for me to do it this way.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Citcope wrote:
thanks for the help Blue but like i stated in my first post....
I would like to know what wheels will fit the Pathfinder with out any modifications or issues with fitment. I tried searching and found a thread that led me to another nissan forum.
So i thought maybe someone on here with a pathfinder knows of what wheels might fit with out any issues.
Not a lot of Pathfinder owners have opted for aftermarket wheels. Whatever fitment issues the 05+ Frontiers have, we have... Personally, I can tell you that the G-FX OR 7 wheels in 18 and 20 fit, as do the Granite Alloy GX1. Some others are running XD Addict wheels with no problem. Search the forum and you'll find a few others.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Discount tire lists these wheels for the pathfinder.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findWh ... &rc=AZEINT

cannonball

Re: Another wheels thread

Postby cannonball » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Citcope wrote:I think there should be a sticky for wheels in the 05 + section. I would like to know what wheels will fit the Pathfinder with out any modifications or issues with fitment. I tried searching and found a thread that led me to another nissan forum.

Anyway does anyone know for sure that the Procomp wheels fit the 05 + Pathfinders? or are there just certain models of wheels that fit? If anyone has aftermarket wheels what did you have to do to make sure that they would work with the pathfinder or was it a shot in the dark?

I am looking for a Matte black/flat black offroad wheels that will work with my 06 Path.

Thanks...
I would love to know if the procomp wheels fit the pathy too. I have been looking hard and trying to figure out the widths, offsets etc that are needed to fit, and I think some of the procomp's will. I'm looking for a shop that might be able to swing a test fit.

Morio

Postby Morio » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Also in market for some wheels... Would love to see what others have done

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Most of the time all you need is the wheel spec for the vehicle and then find out if the rims come in that size etc. The bolt pattern for 2005 to current pathfinder is 6 lug 4.5 inch (6x4.5) or 114.3mm Medium Offset. Now find a wheel you like and see if it's offered in that size.

Also here is a link to view a pathfinder to change the color and wheels to your liking. Usually it only shows wheels that would fit your vehicle pattern.

http://www.andysautosport.com/wheels/ni ... inder.html

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:59 pm

does anyone know what offset we need exactly for the pathfinder?

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Citcope wrote:does anyone know what offset we need exactly for the pathfinder?
It's going to depend on the wheel. The first wheels I ever ordered for my Pathfinder were Makos by Ultrawheel. The specs indicated that it would fit the Nissan Pathfinder (6x114.3, +25mm offset, etc.), but when I got them, they didn't! The G-FX OR-7 wheels I have now have a +18 mm offset. After my Ultra Wheel disappointment, I looked for a wheel where the spokes slanted out from the hub, giving more clearance for the brake caliper. The bonus for me is that they even clear the AP Racing calipers I have installed. So to answer one of your original questions, it's somewhat hit or miss when you're looking to buy a wheel that no other Pathfinder owner has...

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:53 pm

that helps. thanks for your input Blue.

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:27 pm

i was looking around and some wheels dont list offset but they list backspace instead. Does anyone know what kind of backspace is good?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”