Weird noise on wife's 2009 Nissan Pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Mike @PNS

Weird noise on wife's 2009 Nissan Pathfinder

Postby Mike @PNS » Thu May 12, 2011 6:24 pm

I drove the truck last Sunday and noticed that whenever I took my foot off the gas I noticed a very slight "humming sound". As soon as I go back in throttle it goes away..... I was out of town for a couple of day and on Tuesday my wife says that she hears the sound now and it's getting louder. On Wednesday while on my way home I get a panicked call that it is now 'super loud humming / groaning'. I test drove it today and confirmed. Seems worst when doing about 40 MPH. As soon as I go back on throttle it totally goes away. I gave it a look and nothing is visually out of place, nothing rubbing, and I'm pretty confidant it is not an exhaust leak or the exhaust rubbing on anything. Sounds like under the hood... maybe back pressure related?

Truck drives and 'feels' totally normal with the exception of the sound. Of course, the B2B warranty just expired. Any ideas?

Cooper993

Postby Cooper993 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:51 pm

sounds like this issue a few posts down

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=5411

Mike @PNS

Postby Mike @PNS » Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks - it does sound pretty familiar and looks to be a common enough thing on these trucks. I bet these are considered a wear item and not covered on the remaining power-train warranty. I'll call them tomorrow, probably be disappointed and then get dirty and fix it myself.

Cheers!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri May 13, 2011 11:49 am

U-joints should be under warranty, especially the drivetrain warranty. They are a component that should not wear that fast. I finally had to replace my ujoints on my 1999 Jeep that has over 100K miles in March. So on the pathfinder they should not have worn out that fast.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”