new uk owner pf adventura 06 ,need spares and advice

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

hollow

new uk owner pf adventura 06 ,need spares and advice

Postby hollow » Wed May 18, 2011 3:55 pm

so finally got a pathfinder quite chuffed with it reallly ,except a few little niggles and could do with some help, advice, links etc.

firstly the handbrake pulls really high back disks look like there only been used in the centre and it does have brake fade slighty will this be the cause ?

also does the viscous fan sound like a jumbo jet on take off ,when pulling away from a stop ??

also does anyone in the uk know where to get sill plates from ,i just hate the scuff marks from where previous owners have marked the sills with there shoes ,theres just no need !!

does anyone know where i can get the beast remapped to get every bit out of the engine

and the worst niggle ,what company offers a car with every electric option on the car then cocks up and makes the fold in/out mirrors a manual thing on a switch???

is there a module or a way to link it to the locking so that they auto fold when locked/unlocked ??

any advice will be great and hopefully i will be able to contribute back over the next few years .

elpeede

Postby elpeede » Thu May 19, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Hollow, I'm a recent owner too and also in the UK (Staffs).

I'd imagine that the brake fade and handbrake issue is highly likely to be due to worn disks and pads. I'd start by getting them changed.

The engine does indeed sound like a Jumbo on take off :lol: I'm used to it having had a few 4x4's but the Nissan Pathfinder I have and also a neighbours Navara also do it, don't worry too much about it.

Only other thing I can help with is auto fold mirrors.. well maybe help is pushing it.. but I have seen a vid on youtube of a pathfinder with auto fold mirrors when ignition on/off was cycled. Unfortunately the video was not in english.. maybe Spanish, I forget.. a quick search may find it .. or another forum member may have the answer.

ElegantSpoon

Postby ElegantSpoon » Fri May 20, 2011 10:39 am

Hello bud :)

Looks like YouTube might have the answer you want.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Re: new uk owner pf adventura 06 ,need spares and advice

Postby volvite » Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am

hollow wrote:so finally got a pathfinder quite chuffed with it reallly ,except a few little niggles and could do with some help, advice, links etc.

Welcome to the Forum. You will find this forum will help answer most questions, but it's a learning process for everyone.

firstly the handbrake pulls really high back disks look like there only been used in the centre and it does have brake fade slighty will this be the cause ?

I would look to do a brake overhaul. I would put new pads and rotors, make sure to lube the slider pins. That is where I see most problems with brakes is that everyone forgets about the pins and the lube dries up and your brakes don't work good at all.

also does the viscous fan sound like a jumbo jet on take off ,when pulling away from a stop ??

Not sure I understand this. What engine do you have? I have the 5.6 V8 here in the states which is different than most who have a 4.0 V6. Sorry I can't help you with that.

also does anyone in the uk know where to get sill plates from ,i just hate the scuff marks from where previous owners have marked the sills with there shoes ,theres just no need !!

I'd like to get some sill plates that are metal and have the pathfinder name on them that light up when you open the door, but have yet to find any. If you find some, let me know.

does anyone know where i can get the beast remapped to get every bit out of the engine

Have you looked into CAI and exhaust upgrades? You can usually get a little more out of the engine with those. A remap of the engine would be best, but again, not sure which engine you have.

and the worst niggle ,what company offers a car with every electric option on the car then cocks up and makes the fold in/out mirrors a manual thing on a switch???

is there a module or a way to link it to the locking so that they auto fold when locked/unlocked ??

If you find a way for autofolding mirrors, please let me know. I would love to have this feature as well. I have an LE with all the perks, but manual folding mirrors.

any advice will be great and hopefully i will be able to contribute back over the next few years .

asgard

Postby asgard » Sat May 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Do you have an auto with the foot parking brake - if so - and this might be the same for manual - but the parking brake is a set of shoes within the rear rotor, nothing to do with the pads. You might be best to do a complete rear brake job and take off the rotor and check to state of the shoes.

As for the fan, because it is viscous it always makes that noise, if it stops doing that then you have a clutch problem.

scuffs on the rockers - I go to a sign shop where they have the vinyl and get some the color of the truck, wet the area and slide on a pre shaped section, I don't know about illuminating them.

hope some of this helps

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”