Which after market radiator are you guys using?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

PC05

Which after market radiator are you guys using?

Postby PC05 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:42 pm

to avoid the tranny problem before it happens for those of you that are out of warranty?

I am Going to replace right before the 80,000 ext warranty runs out for cheap insurance.

Please respond where you purchased also.

Thanks!

goblue90

Re: Which after market radiator are you guys using?

Postby goblue90 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:31 pm

PC05 wrote:to avoid the tranny problem before it happens for those of you that are out of warranty?

I am Going to replace right before the 80,000 ext warranty runs out for cheap insurance.

Please respond where you purchased also.

Thanks!
Koyo radiator A2807 purchased from radiator.com. I haven't installed it yet (did the bypass at 35K miles and am now at 54K), but plan on doing so this summer. CSF has an all aluminum one that the TheNissanRaceShop.com may start a group buy for once it goes into production... it was briefly up on their website and listed for $350, but got removed since CSF hasn't made any yet. See the thread here on the newx:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread ... f+radiator

Budrbean has a new CSF radiator for sale in the classified section...

PC05

Postby PC05 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:41 pm

thanks for the response, I will keep an eye out for this group buy.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri May 20, 2011 6:45 pm

By chance do you guys know is the V8 and V6 radiators the same part? I would not think they are, but I just don't know.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:33 pm

volvite wrote:By chance do you guys know is the V8 and V6 radiators the same part? I would not think they are, but I just don't know.
Hey Volvite,

You may want Tech to chime in on this, but if I'm reading what I'm seeing on courtesyparts.com, it looks like the radiator is the same:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/21400-radi ... 23715.html

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri May 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks man. I thought so too looking things up online, but you would think that the inlet and outlet for both the V6 and V8 would be in different locations. That would at least cause a different hose to and from the block and radiator but I would think different locations for the connections at the radiator. I guess I'll wait for Tech to chime in here. Thanks again guys for your help. I'm still underwarranty but will be watching for this when my warranty is coming due.

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 am

volvite wrote:Thanks man. I thought so too looking things up online, but you would think that the inlet and outlet for both the V6 and V8 would be in different locations. That would at least cause a different hose to and from the block and radiator but I would think different locations for the connections at the radiator. I guess I'll wait for Tech to chime in here. Thanks again guys for your help. I'm still underwarranty but will be watching for this when my warranty is coming due.
The V8 radiator would have more cooling tubes, so it'll be thicker, for sure.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”