ATF walkthrough?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pandarturo88

ATF walkthrough?

Postby pandarturo88 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forums and i recently bought my Pathy. I was wondering if anyone had a "How-To" on changing out the transmission fluid. I have an 08 PF RWD AT. Any information or pointing in the right direction will be helpful. Thank you. Also if you guys know any websites that have part that I can purchase like filters for transmission or brake pads, please let me know.!

goblue90

Re: ATF walkthrough?

Postby goblue90 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:27 pm

pandarturo88 wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forums and i recently bought my Pathy. I was wondering if anyone had a "How-To" on changing out the transmission fluid. I have an 08 PF RWD AT. Any information or pointing in the right direction will be helpful. Thank you. Also if you guys know any websites that have part that I can purchase like filters for transmission or brake pads, please let me know.!
Welcome to the forum. The 05+ pathfinders have a lot in common with the 05+ Frontiers and Xterras, so check out clubfrontier.org and thenewx.org. As for parts, I purchase OEM genuine parts from factorynissanparts.com and use rockauto.com for other OEM replacement parts. Good luck!

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Sat May 21, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks man I just got my PF and I love it.

asgard

Postby asgard » Sat May 21, 2011 3:19 pm

As far as I have been told the dealers disconnect the pipe going to the radiator cooler- the one we all bye pass and run the fluid out of that into a catch can, the engine is running and while this is going on they pour fresh fluid in the filler at the same rate as the discharge. Once they see fresh fluid , they shut down the engine and reconnect pipe.

Well that is how I understood it - if I am incorrect someone will be along to correct me .

It is a great truck - enjoy.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:23 pm

asgard can you post pics of where those lines are?

asgard

Postby asgard » Fri May 27, 2011 8:21 am

There are very good pictures of these pipes and the location in the topic radiator bye pass. I don't have any pictures myself but if you remove the front engine guard you will see the pipes enter and leave the bottom of the radiator 1/2 to 3/4 inch pipes. It is the in pipe you disconnect to drain while pouring ATF into the dipstick fill pipe up top.

link to service manual diagram
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=45

hope this helps

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”