Wiper Blade replacement. >08 Mammoth

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

elpeede

Wiper Blade replacement. >08 Mammoth

Postby elpeede » Thu May 26, 2011 6:22 am

Looked at the blades yesterday and they need replacement.. the blade look almost custom to the vehicle.. can I use an off the shelf aftermarket replacement without hassle or am I suddenly going to get wind noise or poor performance?

elpeede

Postby elpeede » Thu May 26, 2011 8:49 am

Got a replacement insert.. sorted the passenger side which was failing, though the spare isn't long enough to do the drivers side.. will keep an eye out for longer ones.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 26, 2011 11:04 pm

You should be able to drive up to a autoparts store and get a wiper blade replacement. My wife did. In and out in 2 minutes.

Now are you just talking about the rubber replacement? Those are usually a little more time consuming and usually don't last as long. I would just go for the wiper blade replacement. I had the wife get the Bosch contour blades, as I have them on my Jeep and they work great for rain, snow and Mud.

elpeede

Postby elpeede » Fri May 27, 2011 2:12 am

Indeed.. I was just concerned I may get some resonation as the wipers that were / are fitted are constructed mainly of rubber and not a metal frame.

I just got an insert and changed it. We'll see how long it lasts I guess.

I'd never seen blade assemblies like these before.

The car is now 3 years old so they may not even be what it left the production line with for all I know.

dpassino

Postby dpassino » Fri May 27, 2011 3:10 am

Rain X Latitudes at Walmart... They run 17-20.00 for each.. Well worth the money!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:10 am

Not sure what yours had...but mine were pretty common stuff when I bought this. Honda is pretty good about having special wipers and I normally will use their OEM inserts...but this Nissan had a pretty common setup. Pathfinder takes a 24 driver and 18 pax.

I've been through a couple different sets and haven't had trouble with anything (Bosch, Michelin, Rain-X). Just bought a new set last weekend and went with Anco Contours. I was at a small parts shop and they said everyone had been pretty happy with them. They're a little different design and don't have a conventional frame so they'll work all year. I had about $26 in them with the adapter.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”