A/C Climate Control Problem STRANGE

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jarozi

A/C Climate Control Problem STRANGE

Postby jarozi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:46 pm

In hot weather the Climate Control system on my 2005 LE 2WD intermittently doesn't work. By that I mean nothing works, almost like a blown fuse, blank LCD screen, no blower, no nothing. During these failures the trip computer also gets reset and the gauge needles do this weird shaking thing for a few seconds.

It's very strange.

Sometimes when I turn it off for a few seconds then start it back up, everything works fine again, but not always. This problem never seems to occur when the weather is below 85 degrees out or so.

The first time this happened, last summer, I immediately replaced the fuse and it started working again, so I wrote it off to the fuse. But it happened again, and I couldn't get to a fuse. Then the next time I started, it worked again, so thought maybe it wasn't really the fuse the first time.

This sound like something anyone has dealt with? Because it's so random I hesitate to take it in. They always seem to work when the shop is watching.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: A/C Climate Control Problem STRANGE

Postby disallow » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:19 pm

jarozi wrote:In hot weather the Climate Control system on my 2005 LE 2WD intermittently doesn't work. By that I mean nothing works, almost like a blown fuse, blank LCD screen, no blower, no nothing. During these failures the trip computer also gets reset and the gauge needles do this weird shaking thing for a few seconds.

It's very strange.

Sometimes when I turn it off for a few seconds then start it back up, everything works fine again, but not always. This problem never seems to occur when the weather is below 85 degrees out or so.

The first time this happened, last summer, I immediately replaced the fuse and it started working again, so I wrote it off to the fuse. But it happened again, and I couldn't get to a fuse. Then the next time I started, it worked again, so thought maybe it wasn't really the fuse the first time.

This sound like something anyone has dealt with? Because it's so random I hesitate to take it in. They always seem to work when the shop is watching.
Try replacing the fuse. I had this issue with my rear blower. As the fuses get older and exposed to heat, they seem to warp. Sometimes you can just press the fuse in more firmly to ensure contact.

Hope that helps.
t

volvite
Sponsored Member

Re: A/C Climate Control Problem STRANGE

Postby volvite » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:26 pm

disallow wrote:
jarozi wrote:In hot weather the Climate Control system on my 2005 LE 2WD intermittently doesn't work. By that I mean nothing works, almost like a blown fuse, blank LCD screen, no blower, no nothing. During these failures the trip computer also gets reset and the gauge needles do this weird shaking thing for a few seconds.

It's very strange.

Try replacing the fuse. I had this issue with my rear blower. As the fuses get older and exposed to heat, they seem to warp. Sometimes you can just press the fuse in more firmly to ensure contact.

Hope that helps.
t
Agreed. Sounds like a possible loose connection with the fuse well.

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Loose connection or bad solder somewhere.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”