Roofrack

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Sfinx

Roofrack

Postby Sfinx » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:02 am

Hi!

Im going to buy a roofrack for my R51. What types would you reccomend?
I see 4x4supply has one that looks great here https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -6280.html

I have also seen a nice rack from Bajarack (think it was called "the mule").

What do you guys think? I think both these have mounts for shovel/axe/hilift, but it looked like the bajarack was alitle small?

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:59 am

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I have the Yakima loadwarrior rack with the extension. Have the shovel attachment and brackets for the lights. Can't bring myself to spend $80 on the mounts when the hi lift jack itself is that. Here's a thread with a few pics of your interested.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=5478

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 pm

I have not put a roof rack on the pathfinder, but I did on my jeep and the MPGs dropped. I'm guessing the same thing will happen on the pathfinder. If you're not worried about that then I say go ahead.

Sfinx

Postby Sfinx » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:36 am

volvite wrote:I have not put a roof rack on the pathfinder, but I did on my jeep and the MPGs dropped. I'm guessing the same thing will happen on the pathfinder. If you're not worried about that then I say go ahead.
How much are we talking about? Anyways, I have the 2.5 diesel, so the fuel consumption is not bad to begin with. With my old streettired I had a consumption of 0.82 liters pr 10km. Thats really good. When i changed tires to mud-tires in 285/70/17 it went from 0.82 to 0.96... So now I regually use about 1liter on 10km. I have to say that this is on dry road this summer with 2wd engadged.. I am very curious on how much the consumption will be in the winter with "Auto" or "4x4 hi" engadged... Hmmm.

Not that worried of the extra consumption, but should I go for a rack that have a wind deflector? The one that 4x4supply have does not have this, but in advantage, the lightbrackets sits lower to the roof, I like that:).

Any thoughts on the Baja roofrack?

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:14 am

volvite wrote:I have not put a roof rack on the pathfinder, but I did on my jeep and the MPGs dropped. I'm guessing the same thing will happen on the pathfinder. If you're not worried about that then I say go ahead.
I actually havent noticed any drop in mileage at all. Plus I have 4 lights sticking up from the front.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Prior to my roof rack on my JEEP I was getting around 19 MPG at 65-70 MPH. At the same speed with the roof rack I was getting around 16-17 MPG. It really hurt the JEEP aerodynamics. However every vehicle is different. Not sure what the Path will do as it's already a differnt size vehicle than my Jeep.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:06 am

volvite wrote:Prior to my roof rack on my JEEP I was getting around 19 MPG at 65-70 MPH. At the same speed with the roof rack I was getting around 16-17 MPG. It really hurt the JEEP aerodynamics. However every vehicle is different. Not sure what the Path will do as it's already a differnt size vehicle than my Jeep.
I know what your saying. Just stating that me personally haven't noticed any mileage drop. I have the sunroof defector sitting in my garage. Took it off because I couldn't get it tight enough and it was rubbing against the paint from the wind. Thinking if I put it back on it may help with the aerodynamics a little. Only downside I noticed with the rack is a little extra wind noise at first. But after the first week I didn't even notice it anymore.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”