off-road rear bumpers...?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

BattleWagon

off-road rear bumpers...?

Postby BattleWagon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:39 pm

does anyone make one? has anyone built one for themselves? the departure angle on these beasts suck and is begging to be rectified.

Npath

Re: off-road rear bumpers...?

Postby Npath » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 am

BattleWagon wrote:does anyone make one? has anyone built one for themselves? the departure angle on these beasts suck and is begging to be rectified.
Someone on one of the forums posted something about this.

An aftermarket bumper company/group... is looking for a volunteer to surrender their Pathfinder and they'll design one. Apparently the volunteer would get the bumper free.

Gotta live in or near Atlanta, Georgia... I think. It's posted in this forum not too long ago and you should be able to find it.

rragpaoa

Re: off-road rear bumpers...?

Postby rragpaoa » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:07 pm

BattleWagon wrote:does anyone make one? has anyone built one for themselves? the departure angle on these beasts suck and is begging to be rectified.
Hey Guys,

Yes, I have been sourcing out one last yeart but stopped due to opening up a new business. However, I do want to continue with it if there is more interest.

The company is called Tactical Armor Group, previously known as Kennesaw Mountain Accessories (KMA).

http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com/TAGSt ... fault.aspx

I spoke to them last year and we were to take the 2005+ Xterra bumper and modify the mount points since the Xterra version is the same width and height as the Pathfinder. Only the mount points are slightly different and we have to do a little trimming of the stock bumper. We can configure it to have a gas can and hi-jack option as well.

They asked if I can drop my Pathy for them to fit, but unfortunately, I'm here in the West Coast, and they are in Atlanta.

Any takers in the East Coast near Atlanta for a free bumper?

Give them a ring. I'll touch base with them again as well.
Let me know what you find out.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:25 pm

How long would they need the pathfinder for?
It might be worth a trip down if it's a week or something. Never know.

lotus6six80

Postby lotus6six80 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 am

I actually posted about the bumper not to long ago. Here was the link:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=5634
They told me they would need truck for bout 2 weeks. Although someone else told me when they used their pick-up to fab a bumper they only needed it for a day or two to make measurements; then had to come back later for fitment. Contact I've been talking with is Kyle. I had actually sourced a couple members from GA that are near the shop and both expressed interest; although none has called to set-up a time yet.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:23 pm

lotus6six80 wrote:I actually posted about the bumper not to long ago. Here was the link:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=5634
They told me they would need truck for bout 2 weeks. Although someone else told me when they used their pick-up to fab a bumper they only needed it for a day or two to make measurements; then had to come back later for fitment. Contact I've been talking with is Kyle. I had actually sourced a couple members from GA that are near the shop and both expressed interest; although none has called to set-up a time yet.
I'm in for a bumper, but I can't drop my truck off since I'm in CA.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”