Anyone else experience doors locking on their own?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

gond34

Anyone else experience doors locking on their own?

Postby gond34 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 am

This morning I pulled up to the hospital to pick my son up after surgery and hopped out of the truck and left it running while I loaded up the stroller, diaper bag, etc, (all doors were unlocked). My keys, of course, were in the ignition and my wife's were sitting on the passenger seat with nothing else in the seat. When I closed the hatch, we heard "click, click, click" and found out that all the doors locked on their own without anyone touching anything. Fortunately, the Nissan dealership that I bought the Pathfinder from is only a few blocks away and they quickly cut a "dummy" key and ran it out to me at the hospital within in about 10 minutes (THANK YOU!!!). I asked the service manager if he experiences this many times, and he said he's only seen 3 Pathfinders do this but a lot of the Rogues (he said it tends to happen on the Rogues when the rear passenger door is closed). Anybody else ever have this happen? Just curious...

martyf250

Postby martyf250 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:24 am

I know if the keys are out of the ignition and you unlock the doors....i belive on mine the doors will lock after a certain amount of time if you do not actually open the doors

gond34

Postby gond34 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah, I've experienced that.. after about 30 seconds or so they will re-lock. It was just odd because I had already driven from the parking lot to the front doors. I'm just happy it happened in town near the dealership rather than out on the road somewhere...

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:06 am

i've had 2 contradictory incidents with my pathfinder.

1. i left my keys in the ignition with the car running, and locked the door by mistake from the door. the car opened by itself less than a minute later.
2. i was in the Nissan service center handing my car for service when the doors locked by themselves with the keys in the ignition. (car was off)

Nissan guys couldnt explain either situation.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”