Considering 2011 Pathfinder - Please Share Experiences

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

found

Postby found » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 am

I have a little over 1500 mi on my 11' Pathfinder, mostly highway miles and i thas been great! The v6 has been plety powerful to move me an my family (wife and 2 -100lb dogs) safely through the mountains of north georgia and tennessee. I can forsee the need for the airlift 1000 helper air bags in the near futur though, with 4 adults and the two dogs in the truck the rear is very soft. but that of course makes for a smooth ride at highway speeds.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:18 am

The airbags are perfect because if you keep them low they don't change the ride at all. I personally like a firm ride so I keep them high all the time...but that's the great part about them.

kiwanda

Re: Considering 2011 Pathfinder - Please Share Experiences

Postby kiwanda » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:38 pm

kiwanda wrote:
Alphax wrote:
How do you like your Pathfinder?

I know MPG isn’t all that great but what is your “real world” gas mileage like?(v6)
Thought I'd add this: we took our first significant trip towing this weekend, about 500 miles with a 20' boat, four people, and a dog. Boat is about 2000# dry, but has a bit wind-catching profile (it's a pontoon). Result was 11.5 MPG for the trip running premium, not great but no surprise either. At one point we dropped the boat and took on two more people; drove 250 miles with six people and the dog and got 23 MPG, which was great.

The truck towed well. Plenty of power and brakes were up to the job. I'd add air bags if we were towing often but it's likely only a couple of times a year as we otherwise pull with a qua-cab Ram 2500 diesel 4x4 (getting about the same mileage!).

-kiwanda

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”