2008 5.6 SE 4x4 First Impressions/Issues

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

res0ippr

Postby res0ippr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey Coloradopath

I have been getting a rattle from the tailgate. Where did you find the part? Does it look hard to change?

Art

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:00 am

had the same rattle and the Nissan boys adjusted it for free, took it apart and moved back the bolt a bit.

ColoradoPath

Postby ColoradoPath » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 am

First I tore the entire tailgate apart, which isn't too hard and re-positioned/ tightened the bolts on the body-side of the latch and it didn't work. Also drove it without the trim to eliminate that. After that, the only solution was to replace the latch mechanism. I had the dealer do it, because the part was kind of expensive and I didn't want to guess at it.

By the way, one of the other signs that the latch was bad, was that I heard an electric motor running to releasing the latch for a few seconds prior to the actual tailgate release. It doesn't do that anymore.

Courtesy parts seems to be about the best Nissan parts source i've found. The latch comes as an assembly. Knowing what I know now, I would have done it myself.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:21 am

i have a few rattles and squeeks in mine now.

one is a high pitched one that i think is somewhere outside the vehicle? it sqeeks over tiny bumps and can be heard when shutting the door (!!).

another that i did fix was the "sub" (really, 2x6.5 is a sub? please!) box rattling/flexing against the wheel well. i took a cardboard top from a beer box, folded it a few times and jammed in inbetween the sub and wheel well. problem solved.

ColoradoPath

Update- It's Really Fixed!

Postby ColoradoPath » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 pm

So, after several months tearing my hair out over this rattle in the b pillar, I finally took it to a body shop. It is now absolutely fixed. I haven't heard anything out of it since i picked it up nearly 3 weeks ago. They put sticky rubber stuff under the plastic top corner plugs on the inside of the doors and also found the headliner wasn't seated properly. My guess is that it was the headliner. I had an aftermarket DVD player installed right after I bought it. Thinking back, it didn't make the noise before the install.

The dealer was not even close and i have lots of silicone in my b pillar for nothing. Oh well... no rattle now. :D

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:29 am

I think I know what you are talking about. I had an aftermarket DVD system installed for Christmas 2011 and now the roof makes a thud noise. It's really annoying. Like you said, it didn't make the noise prior to the install, but now it does. I'm going to have to put some kind of foam or rubber to stopp the thud noise on every bump I drive over.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”