Overheated Transmission Problem - CASE CLOSED!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

fr8rain_1228

Overheated Transmission Problem - CASE CLOSED!

Postby fr8rain_1228 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:10 am

Hi Everyone,

I am from Doha,Qatar and in dire need of a rebuilding kit for my Overheated Transmission. I have a Pathfinder 2008 V8 5.6L US Version with VIN No 5N1BR18B68C621047. The local Nissan Dealership here in Qatar does not sell these kind of kits and possibly does not even have most of the major replacement parts required for this vehicle.

Here is the picts of the parts that i need (noted in yellow) including those items labelled as NOT FOR SALE by Nissan.

Anybody here got any idea where to buy the complete set of kits and the possibilites of having it shipped here in Doha, Qatar?

Appreciate all your comments and assistance.
Last edited by fr8rain_1228 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:27 am

No idea about a complete rebuild kit but I know nissan dealerships won't open up a transmission if the transmission us fried they usually just put a new one in. you might be able to find something at courtesy nissan parts though.good luck

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 pm

would recommend just buying a scrap one and replacing the whole thing.

dont let any shops in Qatar open it up unless u know the mechanics personally.

oh... and welcome to the forums! :wink:

fr8rain_1228

Postby fr8rain_1228 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks pandarturo88, I have checked with Courtesyparts and they are not selling any repair kits. This is going to be my last option for now since the part itself is already expensive plus the shipping. :(

Thanks mar1, i am also considering replacing it with scrap. still problem is the availability of the parts here in Doha, and there's none. It's surely has to come all the way from there (in the U.S.). Any website that you can recommend for me to place an order.

Further with the repair kit, i have found this website below.

It would be a big help if somebody in the U.S. can confirm that this is not a bogus site.

Cheers!

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:05 am

fr8rain_1228 wrote:still problem is the availability of the parts here in Doha, and there's none.
you wouldnt find in Qatar cause u only got the 4.0L from Rymco.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:41 am

About the bogus site question. Just check on the better business bureau if they are accredited.

fr8rain_1228

Postby fr8rain_1228 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:43 pm

mar1, i'll keep you posted. i might be able to get the parts i need there in the UAE.

pandarturo88, the company is not BBB registered though its recorded that there's just one complain in 3 years which has been resolved involving warranty issues. I've already informed a friend based in the U.S. to further do a check on this.

Also, in another vehicle forum/websites, this company seems to have good reputation.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:19 pm

What is it that makes you think this is what you need? I guess I'm just curious if you've fully diagnosed the issue. In another post I believe you said you only had 14,000km on this? These are not particularly problematic transmissions unless the coolant leaks in the transmission. That usually happens at much higher mileage than you have. I would just hate to see you go to this effort to find this kit, nevermind the cost/headache of someone cracking your transmission and find out there's nothing wrong internally.

fr8rain_1228

Postby fr8rain_1228 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:46 pm

skinny2, i'm on the right track for sure. already open up the transmission and its toast alright. ive seen the plates myself and even the clutch all worn out. at 19k it made me wonder as well. Also, i am hoping that the torque converter is not affected by this. I will soon find out as I have to fix this one first.

I want to stand corrected...I bought this unit 4 months ago with 14K on it..now its running 19k.

Thanks for reminding me about the coolant leaking. I have not fully read about the by-passing procedure but i am considering once this problem is solved. :(

Thanks.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Really makes you wonder what it was used for those prior 14k miles doesn't it?

fr8rain_1228

Postby fr8rain_1228 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Just to give everybody an update.

I was able to purchase the complete rebuild kit (see illustration below) from
http://www.dexol.com/ via their distributor in the U.A.E.

They have offered me two options. and i have considered buying the high performance kit which comprises of red eagle friction and kolen steel made by Alto U.S.A that claims to handle more torque and high temperature. Price is AED 1900 and also includes seal kit ,band,filter.

The trany is now fixed. Good thing that the torque converter was not affected by this problem. The radiator is fine and its not the coolant leaking into the trany that caused all of this.

The concern now is the 4WD light going ON and OFF every once in a while. It was observed that whenever 4WD is ON the vehicle seems to go on limp mode (there's a loss in power/acceleration).

The vehicle is now undergoing Computer Diagnostics Test.

Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:34 pm

The intermittent 4WD sounds like a grounding problem to me or possible corroded wiring.. but that's just an electrician's view. keep us updated, thanks for passing all the knowledge.

fr8rain_1228

Postby fr8rain_1228 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:58 am

Done with the computer check. Error Code given was P0720 which is for the Speed Sensor.

I just hope its just some loose wiring/connections, mechanical/electrical check is ongoing.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:57 am

keep us posted

fr8rain_1228

Postby fr8rain_1228 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:35 pm

UPDATE!

Upon replacing the internal components of the transmission, then changing the Rev/Speed Sensor, and the problem of the 4WD light still showing in my instrumentation panel. Only 2 possible culprits were left namely (1) the harnesses and (2) the pressure regulator valve.

Harnesses were then checked and no breaks were found.

Further, I wasn't able to provide the mechanic the proper diagram for the valve body to easily locate and identify the pressure regulator (FYI, Nissan-Doha doesn’t want anything to do with my vehicle, according to them they don’t have the technical know-how to fix this version of the Pathy and it’s the only unit they have encountered so far. The mechanic that attended to my vehicle is an expert in GMC vehicles and works in a garage that cater’s to all sorth of vehicles.) He disassembled, inspected and thoroughly cleaned the valve body. He informed me that he saw one spring which does not recoil properly and fixed it (assuming that it must have been the pressure regulator).

At last, been running Pathy V8 for 3 days now without incident.

One thing I have learned is that though my Pathy V8 is made in the U.S. it still has the same universal components as with the Pathfinder/Armada that is distributed here in Doha. I have found a website wherein I can get the part numbers for my vehicle and compare it with the one here in the Gulf Region.

References:
Website for Parts Identification - http://www.nissanpartszone.com/

Transmission Performance Parts acquired through - http://www.altousa.com/
http://www.dexol.com/

Garage:
Contact Number: 5583 744
Company Name:
Village Auto Services
Contact Email:
[email protected]

CASE CLOSED!! :D

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”