Surging while downshifting

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

1armyguy

Surging while downshifting

Postby 1armyguy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 am

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I am coming to a stop when the speed gets to around 35-40mph I can feel the downshift. I was told by the dealer that you can feel it more because it's coming out of overdrive and the gear ratio is quite a bit different and that if I didn't have a check engine light, I am good.
Has anyone else noticed this and would you consider it normal?

Thanks for the help

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:21 am

I somewhat remember someone mentioning that if you keep the brake on lightly, the brake switch signals the computer and it does some downshifting for you to save the brakes. So I checked it out for myself and it works that way. Other mfg have the feature, too.

Amazing what you learn hanging out here. Still can’t get over the extra glove box above the main one mentioned a few weeks ago.

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:29 pm

CPLTECH wrote:I somewhat remember someone mentioning that if you keep the brake on lightly, the brake switch signals the computer and it does some downshifting for you to save the brakes. So I checked it out for myself and it works that way. Other mfg have the feature, too.

Amazing what you learn hanging out here. Still can’t get over the extra glove box above the main one mentioned a few weeks ago.
Thank you for the reply. I was thinking something was going wrong with the transmission. That's a pretty cool feature actually. I just filled up the tank again and am averaging in the 18's pertaining to mpg. To me that's great for a SUV. My wife has a Trailblazer and she can't get near that unless she's on the highway. But, that's how she drives too. I'm sure if I drove her trailblazer through a couple of tanks of gas I could get pretty close to that as well. Still enjoying all the nice features my Pathy has though. :D

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”