Nissan radiator ID

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

bend

Nissan radiator ID

Postby bend » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:51 am

Hello all, my wife just purchased an '06 LE with 71k miles on it, after finding this site and doing some reading here, I went ahead and did the bypass for the trans cooler lines. Well I got to look around under her truck yesterday and noticed the area where the trans and tranfer case meet apear to be different. What I mean by this is the transfer case appears to be older or not as clean as the trans case. This got me to thing maybe the trans has been replace or rebuilt. After seeing that I really took a good look at the radiator and it doesn't appear to be all that old or at least not as old as the rest of the things around it. So my question is, are there any visual differences between the original radiators and the radiators that may have been installed by the stealership while repairing the trans after a failure. I know this question is a real long shot but I'm hoping there are some differences. Thanks Ben

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 am

Ben,

Not sure I can answer your question exactly, but did you try getting a carfax report? If repairs were done by a authorized repair shop, they are supposed to log that kind of information. A carfax would then show what repair was done, and what mileage. It might be worth it. I think a single vin code is only $20 or so.

bend

Postby bend » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:48 pm

The dealership I bought it from had the carfax on it, I didn't get to see the report with my own eyes, but I think the guy would have said something about it, he did tell me it was in a "minor" accident a few years back. I was really hoping the updated raditator had some identifiable feature to it, that the OE didn't have

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 pm

YOu might go back and ask the dealer to see the carfax report. I think it would offer some piece of mind.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”