Problems already

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

digs5567

Problems already

Postby digs5567 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 am

Just bought a 2006 Pathfinder SE with 101,000 miles...popped a check engine light the first few days I had it and came up with P0455 and another code for emissions. Was hoping it was just a gas cap so I reset the code and when it popped again a few days later I took it to Nissan. They found that the Catalytic Converter near the manifold had failed (understandable for the mileage I guess) and that the EVAP Valve had failed. As I understand this is something near the gas tank that as pressure builds up it released that pressure through a carbon filter into the atmosphere. Anyone else had this problem?

I am lucky enough to have a 50/50 warranty with the dealership I bought the vehicle and they did find an aftermarket catalytic converter that will save me a good amount of money, but I hope that these early problems aren't signs of what's to come with the Pathfinder.

05Pathfinder

Postby 05Pathfinder » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:22 am

Ive had p0455 since the day I bought my path last year. Just ignore it or get a code reader and delete the code when you see it. It has no real effect on the car and so IMO not worth spending time or money trying to fix.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”