Just bought an 08 5.6...Any suggestions. Real dissapointed

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Moto

Postby Moto » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 am

I have a 05 SE Off Road that doesn't have the manual mode either. I also have the 4.0 V6. I have the option of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Drive. But, there is a small button under the "t" handle that will take it out of OD and downshift the tranny. I believe this is how you manually put it into 4th gear.

The newer pathfinders must have a slightly different tranny that incorporates a manual shift mode. What year is your pathfinder skinny? Nevermind, answered my own question. But new one, was the manual mode on the auto tranny an option in 08?

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 am

Skinny2 has an 08 like mine, but 4x4 where mine is a 2 wd version.
My tranny sounds like yours...Moto
Last edited by TnLoneWolf on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moto

Postby Moto » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:42 am

That may be the difference then LoneWolf. However, you should still have the button under your "t" handle.

TnLoneWolf

Postby TnLoneWolf » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:45 am

Yea Moto, I have the overdrive lockout button, I spoke of
it in my first post

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:21 am

LoneWolf: I wonder if you have an S and not an SE. From what I understand, the S does not have the manual shift option. The reason I wonder is I recall you posted previously that yours doesn't have the auto latch on the rear hatch either and I believe that also was an SE feature. Do you have OEM running boards? Power pedals? Auto climate control? Large LCD screen? I believe those are standard on SE but not available on S.

The SE also has a chrome emblem on the rear hatch...although that could easily be stuck on there.

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 am

All the 5 speeds are the same on this car wether it has OD lockout or manual mode. They just get fancy with manual mode when it actually is not anything like being a manual. Manual mode will still kick you down out of a gear when you don't intend for the tranny to do so.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Just returned home from my Christmas trip. On your original questions, when I had the cruise set at 80mph, just over 2k rpms, and came up to a situation that I needed to pass, I would step on the gas. If I put my foot into it, it would drop a gear and get up and go. If I just gently pushed on the gas, it would stay in 5th and increase the speed. Not sure if that helps you. To me it functions as it supposed to.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 pm

TnLoneWolf wrote:See, now I'm really confused, I have no manual mode.
Just a "t" shifter with a small button on the left side of the shaft below
the button that unlocks the shifter so it can move that turns off the overdrive.. Did I buy an S that has SE badges on it?
That is becasue you have the base model called "S". anything above an SE has an automatic with a select gear shift transmission.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”