Couple questions on new pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Clay350

Couple questions on new pathfinder

Postby Clay350 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:28 am

I just bought an CPO 08 pathfinder V8 with 50K miles.

I have to take it back to the dealer for some small issues. There were some things I didn't know if they were problems or not.

1. I can clearly here a water sound moving around behind the dash?

2. The fan motor for heat sounds like its sitting right in front of me? Are they supposed to be this loud?

3. While on the highway the hood of the vehicle visibly shakes and flexes.

Thanks

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 am

I have an 06'

1. there are some post on here about AC drain becoming stopped up. Check under your floormats for any dampness / water

2. blower fan is loud...

3. dont have the hood shaking issue..definately would have that checked on.

read up on the radiator / trans cooler bypass threads on here as well. My 06 has 92k and not a second of trouble from it.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:57 am

I too have a CPO 08 V8. As for your questions:

1) Look into the drain becoming plugged. I don't have the problem, but like dawgn86 said there is a thread on the forum somewhere about the plugged a/c drain.

2) My Blower motor/fan does not seem all that loud to me. I'll check today and listen again, as it's my wife's DD, but I think it's quieter than my 99 Jeep.

3) I had a little hood shaking issue, at times seemed like it would come loose and fly off. Ended up having to adjust the rubber hood stops under the hood. There are 3/4 of them if I remember, that you will need to make adjustments to to stop the hood bounce.

Hope that helps. Hopefully the dealer can help you out that you purchase it from.

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:18 am

Ok thanks guys. Ya I have looked into the radiator/tranny issue. I am already nervous about that. I have 70K miles left of warranty so I have somewhat of a buffer. Is there any way to tell if this problem has been addressed on my car.

Did Nissan have an alternative fix for this?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:07 am

Not sure on how to tell if there has been a fix unless there was a bypass done. I have only 33k on my pathfinder but have not done the bypass as I don't want to void my CPO.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”