help suspencion problem!!!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

e_a_u_c

help suspencion problem!!!

Postby e_a_u_c » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:28 pm

so i got Bilstein 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock and im having big problems with the instalation i cant figure out the right way to installthem can u guys help me out

thx

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:00 pm

What exactly are you having trouble with? If ask a more specific question someone here should be able to help you.

Do you have the old shocks/ struts removed? Are you having trouble with the front or rear?

e_a_u_c

Postby e_a_u_c » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 pm

deermjd wrote:What exactly are you having trouble with? If ask a more specific question someone here should be able to help you.

Do you have the old shocks/ struts removed? Are you having trouble with the front or rear?
well the isue are the fronts i pay a shop to installed it but something is wrong the shock is coming up to much and everytime the coil suspense is moving up and down and making a noise
(the part that move is art the top on top of the plate that hold the 3 screws)

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:43 pm

e_a_u_c wrote:
deermjd wrote:What exactly are you having trouble with? If ask a more specific question someone here should be able to help you.

well the isue are the fronts i pay a shop to installed it but something is wrong the shock is coming up to much and everytime the coil suspense is moving up and down and making a noise
(the part that move is art the top on top of the plate that hold the 3 screws)
I'll bet the shop installed them incorrectly and left out a very important washer. Check out this thread on clubfrontier.org and pay attention to post #11 with installation instructions from Bilstein...

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/ ... ers-65258/

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Make sure everything is tight and bolts torqued to spec. If you're not comfortable doing that take it back to the shop that installed them.

e_a_u_c

Postby e_a_u_c » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 pm

deermjd wrote:Make sure everything is tight and bolts torqued to spec. If you're not comfortable doing that take it back to the shop that installed them.
wow man thanks that was great the only thing is u knw how it goes between the washer and the nut because at the shop they took it off and now we are screw! :S

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”