Need help quick

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mc01ta

Need help quick

Postby mc01ta » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 am

I have a 2007 Pathfinder and need to find a replacement plastic piece for the steering wheel. I had some paint come off the light silver finish on the steering wheel and not sure if there is a replacement part for it. I have tried a small repair on it and I can't get the paint to match it. I can live with ths if I have to but was hoping to find a replacement piece I can order. I am not interested in having to order the entire steering wheel just for this piece.

If anybody has ever repainted this piece and made a spot repair, what paint/brand/color/product number did you use? Last night I taped off the area and bought what I thought was very close to the color spray can. Sprayed the area and it looked pretty good but was not close to color matching.

If you have a part number please provide b/c I would rather order the replacement part at this time.

mc01ta

Postby mc01ta » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 pm

well I found the part online and it is $105 for a stupid plastic piece! Guess I will spot repair it myself for $5 and live with the crappy results until I can find one at a scrap yard.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”