MOST ANNOYING THING, FUEL DOOR!!!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

sparco1028

MOST ANNOYING THING, FUEL DOOR!!!

Postby sparco1028 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:19 pm

So this evening, I get the gas pump ready to go and try to open my fuel door..... the thing wouldn't open, would move just a hair but wouldn't open... I thought maybe frozen some how so I keep jiggling trying to get it, nothing! so then I start to use a little force, still nothing.... Then I finally slow down and begin to look around edges and notice the while plastic piece in there so I start to poke with key but nothing then I finally start sliding my drivers license in there and it opens.

I've only had the truck for about 2 weeks now, this was my first blunder. Does this happen from time to time or was this a freak accident? The thing that really pisses me off about it is I put a small dent in the door from it bending some from pressing on it, OH WELL....

Bruce_Lee

Postby Bruce_Lee » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 pm

HI,
I learned that if you 'lock' you car (the doors), the small gas door also locks and you won't be able to open it.
It happened to me one time when I got out to pump gas. I first went to pay for the gas and so I locked all the doors (with the remote) and when I tried to open the gas door, it wouldn't. I struggled with it for a little while until it hit me (I though about how I locked the doors). So, I used my remote to unlock the doors and I was able to open the gas door. good luck.

BL.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Sounds like your problem was the fuel door was locked with the door locks. But here's a good thread about the hinge on the fuel door if you ever need it.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Baedarlboo

Postby Baedarlboo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:25 am

Like stated above, try unlock your doors.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 am

They must have changed this for '08+ because my fuel door doesn't lock and I don't have any complaints on the door or tether. I would prefer a locking cover though but not if it's problematic.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:24 am

sorry, but this is a good case for reading the owners' manual, especially before applying damaging force to something that works properly to begin with :wink:

sparco1028

Postby sparco1028 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:23 pm

I feel like a tard for posting and it being something as simple as unlock doors. Glad I did though because now I know. I actually had read the manual earlier in day but skipped over fueling section cause I would have ever thought the door lock would lock fuel door

jrjohn77

Postby jrjohn77 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:14 pm

sparco1028 wrote:I feel like a tard for posting and it being something as simple as unlock doors. Glad I did though because now I know. I actually had read the manual earlier in day but skipped over fueling section cause I would have ever thought the door lock would lock fuel door
:lol: I made the same newbie mistake. No worries. My dad borrowed my PF once and spent 20 minutes looking for the fuel door release. He finally called me on my cell and he felt as silly as I did when I told him to unlock all of the doors.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”