A/C Module no power???

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jetwrangler

A/C Module no power???

Postby jetwrangler » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Ok so here is an out there one for ya.

05 pathfinder had the windshield replaced today and upon leaving I noticed the entire AC module (automatic) was off. No power at all the orange back light is not even on. Checked all the fuses (i know to check) all are good. I'm probably taking it to Nissan tomorrow anyone got any ideas I am more than all ears.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Sounds like the connector to the ac module was disconnected, although I don't know why they would do that while replacing the windshield.

jetwrangler

Postby jetwrangler » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:43 pm

where is the AC module located?

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 pm

I assume you are referring to the A/C control panel that is not working at all? I'd take it back to the shop that replaced your windshield and have them fix it. More than likely it's related to something they did while replacing the windshield.

jetwrangler

Postby jetwrangler » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:12 pm

First stop is the Windshield shop. Hopefully they disconnected something what I don't know. If they don't find it its off to Nissan.

I tore apart the dash when I got home (leaving it that way until fixed). All the A/C harnesses are connected to the back of the unit. I thought you meant something secondary to the dash that would have a power wire in it.

Me and 2 good friends (both ASE mechanics at there respective dealerships) are at a loss as to what could have happened. I don't think they would have come across any wires but who knows. So far our thoughts are around a shorted a/c control head (on dash controls) or the TCA. None of us can come up with how NO power is getting to the control head, all fuses check out.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”