Nissan comes through (good experience)

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

nutbar78

Nissan comes through (good experience)

Postby nutbar78 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Here's how the story goes.....

On Good Friday I took my truck to the car wash. They leave the thing running while they detail the interior for about 10-15 mins. Last weekend while I was changing my oil I finally found my coolant leak, it was one of the line to the rear heater core, and I've noticed the auxillary fan been coming on lately.

Soooo, while I am waiting for my truck to be finished at the wash I am thinking to myself, "hmmm, I wonder if that thing is getting hot." They finish up and I get into the truck and the needle is almost to the H. I decided to drive away anyways and once I get out of the parking lot the needle comes right down. I call Nissan and make an appt to get the coolant leak fixed.

I drop the truck off on Saturday at 7:30, and the service rep calls me back around 1pm, with not so good news. They determined that there were multiple coolant leaks, the radiator, top, and bottom hoses; the serpentine tensioner is making noise, the timing chain is making noise, and they check the tranny fluid and tell me that it is burned. He says that means the tranny is on its way out. I haven't noticed any slipping or weird revving.

Then he tells me that had I not done the bypass he would right now be ordering me a new tranny and radiator (still under Nissan warranty) but he is worried that the bypass may have voided the warranty. Now I am shitting myself. He says he has to talk to his service manager on Monday morning.

Monday morning rolls around and they approved my new tranny, radiator and a few other little things. When I bought the truck I also bought an extended warranty from an outside company, they are covering the timing, and serpentine tensioner parts. The truck is still there, I've had a loaner car provided by Nissan and then covered by the warranty company. I should be able to pick up the truck tomorrow.

I got the total for work and parts this evening, $7,200.00 and I am on the hook for about $700 for my warranty deductible, the small parts that aren't covered and to cap the lines to the rear heater core. To replace those lines is a HUGE job. The lines run through the frame and they may have to even seperate the body from the frame to fix them so i say just cap them, the people in the back don't need heat.

So, in a nutshell, this has actually been a pleasant experience. The service rep at the dealership has coordinated the entire project, even taking care of everything with the warranty company. I am actually going to pick the guy up a bottle of booze to thank him.

The point of my story is that we all may have a conception already about the stealership but this experience may have changed my feelings about them, this one anyways. I just had to share.

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 pm

You are a lucky man. When my 05 trans crapped out (twice) the dealer which i bought it from was on the hook for the repairs, Nissan refused. Truck was still under Warranty at the time aswell, But we all know how much they love not recognizing the rad WILL wreck the trans. Thank god the dealer (best part was it was a HONDA dealer i bought it used from) honored their 30 day policy of free repairs.

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:02 pm

I know it, and when Nissan USA calls to survey me about my experience with this service department I will actually give good reviews.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”