Bought a Pathfinder, have concerns / problems!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to look at changing it. The might cost $300 USD, but it will be piece of mind.

Also in Costa Rica we have the opposite problem. Heat. It gets well past 30 degrees celcius frequently.

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 am

UPDATE:

After having my car in Nissan they found the problem with the 4WD it's the switch. So I'm going to order one online since they don't have any in stock right now.

The problem I have is that there are 3 different models.

25536-EA000
25536-ZP20A
25536-9BH0A

That is from oldest to newest. The ZP20A says it was replaced by the 25536-9BH0A, so I'm guessing that's the newest one as many people have complained about the stock switch shorting out.

My reference for the part numbers was from here:

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/carqu ... 9.html#928

Something else, I am planning to replace the plugs, however the STEALERSHIP here is telling me that they are $40 /each. Since they are $9 on Amazon was going to order there.

The model I was going to buy is:

NGK (6240) PLFR5A-11 Laser Platinum

Is that the best one for the VQ40DE engine (4.0 V6) or is there a better brand / model?

I have replaced the stock car stereo with a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH (great radio sounds 10x better than stock).

I have two problems:

1. How do I get a microphone wire up to the rear view mirror? I need to do that to get the hands free working.

2. Does anyone know the Steering Wheel Control wiring configuration? I pulled the switch out and it has 5 wires. But they don't match up with what the interface indicates for that car.

Also they won't admit there is a problem with the radiator. However I called into the states and the dealership I talked to said it's a huge problem and I need to fix it and it does apply to my car lol.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri May 11, 2012 11:39 am

nickCR wrote:1. How do I get a microphone wire up to the rear view mirror? I need to do that to get the hands free working.
I've had to run a wire or two up there as well. Simple as can be, pull the small trim pieces off that run up to the headliner (along either side of the dash) & run your wire there. Once you get to the headliner, you can tuck the wire into/behind the headliner by hand until you get to the mirror area. There should also be enough room under the mirror wire cover thing to fit one more wire, so your install be very clean.

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm

NVSteve wrote:
nickCR wrote:1. How do I get a microphone wire up to the rear view mirror? I need to do that to get the hands free working.
I've had to run a wire or two up there as well. Simple as can be, pull the small trim pieces off that run up to the headliner (along either side of the dash) & run your wire there. Once you get to the headliner, you can tuck the wire into/behind the headliner by hand until you get to the mirror area. There should also be enough room under the mirror wire cover thing to fit one more wire, so your install be very clean.
Thanks! That helped me out a ton, got the wire installed, it was fairly easy.

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Wed May 16, 2012 9:39 am

Bump.

Anyone on the wiring? Really would like to get this hashed out so that I can complete the install of the AVH-P8400BH :)

Well its already in, but the steering wheels controls are not working :(.

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Sat May 19, 2012 9:34 am

Is CR like Panama where they have only two octanes of fuel.....91 and 95?
If they have the option of 95....run it in the Pathfinder. Especially if you run in any hilly or mountain areas. The extra horse power will be nice....

Npath

NHTSA investigation radiator/transmission failures

Postby Npath » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:28 am

Gonna have to hijack this thread since I can't post a new topic because I am not a MODERATOR. A Moderator should repost this. I found this from another Nissan forum website.

Sourced from Autoguide.com:

A defect investigation has been launched regarding a transmission problem in model year 2005-2010 Nissan Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra.

Hundreds of Xterra, Frontier, and Pathfinder owners have reported sudden jerking in their vehicles when travelling at highway speeds. The problem has been diagnosed as a failed transmission cooler which allows coolant to mix with the transmission fluid, causing internal damage to the components. Reports of the issue say that prior to the failure, the occupants noticed nothing amiss with the operation of the vehicle.

Despite hundreds of documented complaints to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Nissan still claims that there is no defect. In 2007, the company began to offer an extended warranty good for eight years or 80,000 miles on the transmission and radiator cooler. When the transmission failure occurred however, the company covered the price for the radiator assembly and not the internal damage done to the transmission.

Based on the number of complaints regarding the exact same issue, the result of this investigation will almost undoubtedly be a recall, although it seems Nissan is doing everything in its power to avoid such a circumstance.

mwetzel394

Tranny

Postby mwetzel394 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

so where did Carl go with this?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”