Need help ID ing part

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Pathfinder101

Need help ID ing part

Postby Pathfinder101 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:53 pm

After week of searching I think I may of found my coolant leak.
If standing in front of car there is a hose that comes out of the left side of the OIL filter housing it routes arround and goes to the middle of the block looks like it is attatched to a sensor or something alike it seems to have a hex head that somewhat resembles a spark plug. it seems almost impossible to get to it without pulling half the motor apart ? Any input what this is is it the temp sensor ? Any ideas how to get to it I noticed it hissing after I shut the engine off and had coolant bubbling out of it and there is also a puddle of coolant arround the base.

Really don't have the money to put in the shop as I'm currently unemployed
Please Help :(

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Any way you can put the pathfinder up on ramps and take a picture of the said area? This might help people identify what we are talking about. :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Check out the part code "21308J" in the diagram below. I think that's the part you may be talking about. If so, it's only a fitting for the coolant hose (from the oil cooler) to the block. If it is, then you'll either need to remove the fitting, put some RTV silicone on the threads and reinstall (drain & refill the coolant, of course). If it's the hose, replacing the hose and clamps would be the best way. You could try getting a worm gear clamp on there and see if it fixes it.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Pro ... ageID=6188

Pathfinder101

Postby Pathfinder101 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Smj you are correct that is the part I was talking about. however it is almost impossible to get to that part I called Nissan for a quote and they couldn't give me one because they have never changed that part before ?

I just got home from a short 2 mile trip and the path overheated pinned the gauge and started stuttering when accelerating wasn't sure I was going to make it home. There was also a rattle coming from somewhere ? I even put the heat on but there was not the usual heat. I had topped off the coolant earlier. When I did just get home she was steaming but no signs of coolant from front of motor. I had replaced the thermostat about 6 months ago I was thinking water pump but no signs of leakage from there.

The Path has been good to me but this could not of happened at a worst time

Volvite the part is located at the top of the motor directly behind the air intake where it says "Nissan"

:(

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”