Anyone look at the new Grand Cherokee?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am

mar1 wrote:amr40509, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYFLb8WMGM
Wonder how a pathy would perform in the moose test...

fidelcastrol

Postby fidelcastrol » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm

It's an SUV not a sports car, just ram the moose and fire up the grill!

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm positive that if I were to subject my PF to the same test, it would roll over like a dog wanting its belly scratched. Trucks and SUV's should be driven with some finesse.

Since this is a European test, I wonder how LR4s and Range Rovers did? It seems unfair to test an SUV with off-road ability against CUVs that have no off-road intention/capability.

Since the JGC is rolling on a uni-body structure and independent suspension at both ends, it is now considered a car or CUV (not a truck) and should behave thusly on pavement. That is disappointingly un-Jeepish.

I say no thanks to the new JGC. It's just another tall station wagon to me.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:07 am

IcedTeasley wrote:I'm positive that if I were to subject my PF to the same test, it would roll over like a dog wanting its belly scratched.
its not that bad. it actually handles very well.

last year i took a hard right turn on a roundabout and saw some idiot reversing his car back into the roundabout. i cut left and steered immediately right to level it back, and it handled superbly. granted i missed the car by a few inches, and nearly scuffed my wheels on the other end of the road, but at no time i felt it lose control.

also when offroading, the weight distribution on the pathy is great as well, it slides sideways in a very stable manner

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”