Did i screw something up?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

nickCR

Did i screw something up?

Postby nickCR » Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Hey guys,

When i first got my pathy i was checking some things and wanted to check to see the condition of the filter.

I had a brain fart and opened the airbox while the car was running. I feel the car running a little more rough. Its not missing but not as smooth. So far the car has never had the injectors cleaned and i have new plugs on the way. So was going to get both of those things done by nissan at the same time.

Is there something i could hace screwed up by opening the box while running?

Thanks in advance

mar1
Sponsored Member

Re: Did i screw something up?

Postby mar1 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 am

nickCR wrote: Is there something i could hace screwed up by opening the box while running?
no. not unless u were standing in a sandstorm or submerged underwater when you opened it.
all the intake does is filter the air that goes into the engine to keep debris out. if you leave it open for a long time while running, enough dust could probly shorten the life of the engine, but definitely not as fast as you think it will.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Mon May 14, 2012 5:41 am

For the injectors, just add some Lucas fuel treatment for the next few tanks of gas. That's all I've ever done to mine and I still average 19 mpg. What's the milegage on your truck? The factory spark plugs are good for 105,000 miles. If you're considering changing them yourself check out this DIY: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=7152

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Mon May 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Can't get Lucas fuel treatment here (Costa Rica). I hear there is some stuff that cost like $30 that does a decent job.

However pulling the injectors and cleaning them out is only like $80 at the dealership and they'll charge not much more to install the plugs. The plugs are all together $50.

I can tell you this. After owning a Mercedes Benz, this truck is cheap in comparison!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”