Must haves?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:36 pm

PD, what Bostons did you go with? I went with the Bostons myself; the SL series, 6.5 in rear and 6x9 up front (with a loss of the front tweeters which I'm on the fence abut adding.) Also using an amp for the primary 4 ch under the drivers seat. Sorry for the hijack. It's always interesting to see what others are running and how they did it.

00void

Postby 00void » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:47 pm

i would have gone for the leather upgrade solely so i could have heated side mirrors... dumbest package combo ever imo. me being a dumb consumer and not researching that before the purchase, i'd have both, but i ASSumed the truck came standard with heated side mirrors. :oops:

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:43 pm

00void wrote:i would have gone for the leather upgrade solely so i could have heated side mirrors... dumbest package combo ever imo. me being a dumb consumer and not researching that before the purchase, i'd have both, but i ASSumed the truck came standard with heated side mirrors. :oops:
I don't know what that configuration might have listed for, but right or wrong, I have always believed it was a smart investment to buy the model that came standard with the equipment I wanted (even though I might have to accept a couple of things I could live without), rather than stepping down a notch and searching for one with similar options added at the factory. OTOH, that's just me, and what do I know . . . ? :roll:

pdslug

Postby pdslug » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Fofiddy wrote:PD, what Bostons did you go with? .
Went with S-Series. S95 6x9's in the front and S65 6.5's in the back. Actually left the factory tweeters in place. They also added sound-deading material in the doors. I didnt get an amp because I was at my $ limit. Sounds pretty good, but would like to add an amp in the future.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”