Travel Trailer Sizes--What sizes are people towing with...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

OurPathfinder

Travel Trailer Sizes--What sizes are people towing with...

Postby OurPathfinder » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:05 am

I'm curious... since we've mentioned towing travel trailers with our PF's... what sizes are people towing? Compact/featherweight, conventional, larger (2-4 people, 6-8 people, etc). Just curious what sizes and how well the PF tows them. We are considering a travel trailer in the future and would like to get some feedback--positive and negative.

speedline

Postby speedline » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 pm

Well here is ours

Its an 07 Starcraft 21rbh XP. Its 21feet from hitch to bumper. Dry weight is 3000lbs. Its an expandable trailer so we cut down the weight. Has a queen bed, double bed, 2 bunks and also a table that can fold down to a bed as well. 6-8 people can sleep in it.

Our Pathfinder tows it no problem, has lots of power for it. Downfalls are that the pathfinder sags in the rear. We have just installed the AirLift rear bags to get rid of the sag. The other problem is the mirrors. They don't stick out far enough to see around the trailer. I am looking for the stock titan/armada mirror to install to compensate for that.

All in all, the Pathfinder tows our 21ft trailer just fine.

OurPathfinder

Postby OurPathfinder » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:47 pm

Interesting. Thank you for the information. Your trailer is about the size we are considering. I'd be interested to see how the Titan stock mirrors work. I have been talking with the folks on Frontyspot.com about fitting a Titan mirror on their Frontiers. So hopefully either a PF or a Frontier person will do it soon. :)

speedline

Postby speedline » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:33 pm

I will be doing the swap on the mirrors as soon as I can find a set. I will keep you posted.

Scott

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”