Where are we going with this?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

PFhopefull

Where are we going with this?

Postby PFhopefull » Fri May 23, 2008 12:40 pm

Gas prices are over $4 bucks up here, finally im one step closer to purchasing my PF by selling my old truck. What are gas prices going to do to the price of Pathfinders. I am :?: also curious about the economy or lack of one so they say. The car market seems to be slow. Anyone think I could get a great deal on some wheels in the next few months, just because the market could be at a stand still with all the above????

gonyofam3

Re: Where are we going with this?

Postby gonyofam3 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:49 pm

PFhopefull wrote:Gas prices are over $4 bucks up here, finally im one step closer to purchasing my PF by selling my old truck. What are gas prices going to do to the price of Pathfinders. I am :?: also curious about the economy or lack of one so they say. The car market seems to be slow. Anyone think I could get a great deal on some wheels in the next few months, just because the market could be at a stand still with all the above????
Dealers will most likey offer rebates to help move pathys especially the V8's, maybe even the 2.99 a gal deal like other car manufactures

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:24 pm

I've actually been looking to replace my vehicle due to the price of gas.I can tell you that if you're looking for a Pathfinder you're going to get a great deal on one.I've come across a couple of dealers that won't even take mine in trade.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Fri May 23, 2008 7:12 pm

gas will eventually go down i hope but putting gas in the pathfinder is worth every penny

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri May 23, 2008 8:10 pm

me&pathy wrote:gas will eventually go down i hope but putting gas in the pathfinder is worth every penny
X2, these are good trucks if taken care of and the fuel economy is fairly good when comparing it to other 7 passenger SUV's if you drive it slow and not like a race car and if you don't modify it with huge tires, wide open mufflers, Yakima type roof rack carry-all roof boxes, or half a ton of bumpers and winches and skid plates. Neat thing is that the PF will carry all of that and haul a trailer besides but you get to stop at all of the gas stations doing it. :)

I'd say pull the trigger on a new Pathfinder whenever you're ready.

PFhopefull

Postby PFhopefull » Sat May 24, 2008 4:35 am

I hope you folks are right, thing is there really are some great incentives right now to buy new. But I probably will be looking at a slightly used model. When I sold my pickup I was 300 miles away from my next scheduled oil change, however the date it was due was July of 05. So I drive about 1k a year. I am positive I will be putting on slighty more miles on the PF but not much. Hopefully people who leased are going to be turning in soon, and dealers maybe giving them away. LOL

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Sat May 24, 2008 6:48 am

me&pathy,all due respect,gas will not be coming down.Gas will be going much higher and maybe pullback some, but it will always remain high from now on.There is just too much demand and all these Arab states know that this is the way to cripple America

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat May 24, 2008 11:46 am

phantom2 wrote:me&pathy,all due respect,gas will not be coming down.Gas will be going much higher and maybe pullback some, but it will always remain high from now on.There is just too much demand and all these Arab states know that this is the way to cripple America

i heard that we can convert coal into fuel thats true isn't it?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon May 26, 2008 11:51 am

Just saw this on the net:

Nissan Pathfinder. Nissan, which is not enjoying the same sales success as some other Japanese manufacturers, is offering deals on this SUV that include rebates of $2,250 to $3,250 or 1.9 percent to 2.9 percent financing.

donmigga83

Postby donmigga83 » Tue May 27, 2008 8:11 am

in all honesty we don't actually get that much oil out of the middle east. If you look at it the bulk of what we get actually comes from Canada, and various countries throughout South America. I'm not disagreeing that prices won't come down, but the notion that all of our oil comes from the middle east is just wrong, not to mention that as Americans we simply neglect the sheer amount of products that we receive from Canada. check out this website it has the top 15 sources of oil for the USA... http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petr ... mport.html

Thats just my two cents. We can't blame the middle east when 3/5 of our largest oil trading partners are in our backyard.

mkaresh

Postby mkaresh » Tue May 27, 2008 9:06 am

It's a simple matter of supply and demand. Supply has been peaking, while demand has been increasing as China, India, and other developing countries really come into their own and buy more cars.

Unless there's a major worldwide recession, I would expect much of a decline.

As for the Pathfinder, people will over-react at first, so you can probably find a screaming deal on a used one. Rebates might also get larger, but I suspect that used values will be hit harder than the new purchase price.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue May 27, 2008 10:46 am

Well, my $.02 doesn't have anything to do with oil. The overall problem we are facing in the US is because of a lackluster economy & the horrible value of the dollar. The biggest question I have is how long until the overall economy gets better & the dollar increases back to where it should be. Everything is really coming into play to screw with people, and it isn't a pretty sight. I've already cancelled my overseas trip this year because I refuse to pay more than 2x what I know it is actually worth. I know quite a few people in extremely dire financial situations, although it was partially their fault.

As to gas prices, when will everybody draw the line? Sell off the PF when gas hits $5/gallon? Buy a scooter when it hits $10?

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:50 am

I'm in the market for a used street bike for now but only because I like to ride. My new commute to work allows me to get 19mpg over nearly the same distance so compared to what i got in the past (13-14) I'm not really complaining. It's nice to have a alternative to a fuel hog considering most street bikes get 40-75mpg out accelerate most cars and are a convertible all rolled into one so on that line of logic it's not a bad time to justify one ;)

Selling the pathfinder because of the price of gas seems a little rash especially since the demand for sub 30mpg vehicles is lacking and the money you lose trading in at such a time is kinda foolish. Most of us have a more economical vehicle at our disposal so using the Pathfinder shifts to more dedicated utilitarian missions. The price of gas goes up $1 you only paying $20 more per fill up, so if you can't afford the extra $20 a week you really need to put your finances in perspective (see all previous comments of buying more vehicle than you need).

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:53 am

Fofiddy,your $1 increase equating to only $20 a week is accurate only if you fill up once a week.I fill up 3 times a week so a $1 increase in gas prices is pretty devastating even to someone like me who has their finances in order.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 am

Phantom if you don't mind me asking what do you do with your Path that your covering between 650-1000miles a week?
I thought I had the highest mileage here so far you gotta let us know your numbers.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”