Pathfinder Badge Removal

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Cr@2y Gr33k

Pathfinder Badge Removal

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Tue May 27, 2008 1:49 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the Pathfinder badge from the rear of the tailgate?

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 27, 2008 3:54 pm

The Nissan badges are stick on type. Park the truck with the badge facing the sun and when heated up use some fine fishing line or dental floss to cut down through the glue. Goo-Gone or similar will remove the adhesive that's left.

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Tue May 27, 2008 5:43 pm

I removed the badging from my Pathfinder. I used a medium sized blade screwdriver to get between the plastic part of the letter and it's foam adhesive and then putting something on the body of the vehicle (to protect the paint) to push the screwdriver down against and pop the letter off.

This worked well. A little lighter fluid removed any remaining adhesive. I love goo gone but find it to be a bit agressive.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed May 28, 2008 5:28 am

+1 on the heat and fishing line/dental floss technique. if you dont want to wait for the sun to heat up the adhesive, use a hair dryer to heat it up.

-1 on the screwdriver technique. too much risk of damaging the paint with the tip of the screwdriver.

oh, and dont forget to clean and wax the painted areas that you just exposed, they have never been waxed.

~mike

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”