"Balance" Issue

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering

Moderator: volvite

Hayseed_40

"Balance" Issue

Postby Hayseed_40 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:18 pm

My 2013 Pathfinder has developed a severe issue that appears to be a tire balance issue. They have road forced balanced all the tires. They have checked it over and they cannot find anything wrong with the car. They agree there is an issue but cannot find it.

Anyone else have this issue?

This is not the same as the judder I have in the transmission.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:47 am

What behavior are you experiencing? You suspect it's tire balance, but if that has been discounted, could it be front-end alignment? We're in pothole season. Could you have knocked out your alignment or broken a strut?

pyrophilus

Postby pyrophilus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:42 am

I just picked up a 2014 Pathfinder LE last Tuesday.

On the drive home, I thought that it was drifting left UP against the crown of the road.

We hardly put 90 miles on it, all local driving by wife to/from work.

I took the car on the highway and noticed that there is vibration from steering at speeds over 60MPH.

At under 60MPH, there is still vibration, but is less intense, so we didn't notice it.

I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me, but yes, I am a new R52 owner and the vehicle seems to have alignment issue at delivery.

But if you had your '13 for awhile, then I doubt your dealer will just fix it without you paying for it, as we ARE in pothole season.

Return to “R52 Suspension and steering”