Vehicle Info Screen and Distance to Empty problem

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

birdsofprey02

Vehicle Info Screen and Distance to Empty problem

Postby birdsofprey02 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:19 pm

In the instrument panel, the vehicle information screen always displays a gas icon (I'm guessing is distance to empty), the 4x4 mode, and outdoor temp.

Two issues I'm having with my screen... On the trip odometer page, there are 4 things showing: Under the Average column it has MPG and MPH. Under the driving column it has something with miles, and some sort of clock? What is that column supposed to be indicating? This
http://youtu.be/ROwOZTnViYA video says its time driven since last reset and also distance to empty. I just filled up my tank and the distance to empty says 150miles on this screen. (Yet, it says 388 miles) on the top bar of the vehicle information screen. Also, when they say "last reset," what does that mean? The last factory reset, or the last trip reset? I've reset both trip A and trip B, and the information shown on the odometer display from the vehicle info screen has not changed or reset, it still remains that same. I've even reset fuel economy through the nav, but that has no change on the vehicle info screen on the instrument panel.

Secondly, I've put about 170 total miles on the car so far and would expect to have about 250+ miles left on the tank, which is what the car was appropriately indicating. Today, I parked on a slight hill and when I turned on the car, the distance to empty said 400 miles all the sudden and the gas gauge was on full. I figured it was because the gas was leaning on the sensor. After driving for 15 minutes, the fuel gauge needle finally stabilized, but distance to empty stayed just under 400. Anyone else see something similar?

I was a little worried about the gas part, so I went ahead and filled up the tank again. We're now indicating 388 and full tank on the needle gas gauge. *sigh*

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 am

clock is a timer. it indicates the total number of hours the engine has been switched on.
i havent reset mine since i bought my pathfinder, and now its 3000 hours.
you can reset it manually from the screen controls and use it a trip hour meter.

the indication to empty is calculated once every few fillups and depends on your driving style. it is only indicative and not meant to be exact.
i've had mine show 550 to empty, then when i drive like an idiot, it empties at 350-400 only.

next trip it shows 400, then i drive civilized and i get 550 out of the tank.

hope my experience helps you out a bit.

btw, i have the 08 model, but i'm assuming its the same screen functions.

Return to “R52 Electrical”