Stereo questions

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

steve95xeV6

Stereo questions

Postby steve95xeV6 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Ok, I have a 95 Pathfinder XE. Has factory tape deck, I have access to several different types but not sure what if any stereo out of a different Nissan or Infiniti.

cd/cass double din from a 97 or 98 Altima non-bose

97-2000 Infinity qx4 cd/cass double din bose but this one does not have the amps at the speakers, So it has a nice set of speakers that I can probably adapt to the openings for the factory 95 speakers.

cd/cass double din from a 99 Maxima non-bose

Basically can anyone tell me what if anything will plug in and work, or a pic or diagram how to wire it in if isnt plug and play. There is more out there, Just seeing if I can do this without cutting wires, I looked everywhere for the single disc unit that goes in the cubby hole under the stereo tape deck in it and found nothing.

Also. What size are the door speakers with or without that weird plastic holder the speakers are screwed to?

and, what size are the rear speakers? Truck also has the tweeters in the inside windshield trim and seems to have something like that in the rear too.

Any ideas? truck is so clean and has never been screwed with so I dont want to put a aftermarket unit in and possibly cut wires as well. Just way too nice for a 95 model. Plus, the stock stuff looks better to.

If anyone can help, I promise if you ask a question that I know the answer too I will tell you asap.

Thanks folks

Steve

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:39 pm

They make adapter harnesses on the aftermarket that will allow you to plug an aftermarket head unit or speaker to the factory harness without cutting wires. Just remember the ground wire for the aftermarket head unit needs to ground to the chassis (the mounting screw for the head unit is a common ground point used). If you go to Crutchfield.com, they often provide the adapters, installation kits and speaker adapters, and instructions with the components they sell, along with free lifetime support and great service. Their site will also tell you which components will be an easy fit for your specific vehicle. New components are usually much more technically advanced and provide a better range of options than the older factory systems, such as USB and auxiliary inputs and digital file capabilities, like MP3's. If your system has the Nissan diversity antennae, they make adapters for that, as well.

A Nissan dealer option was an add-on 3-CD player for 95-97 models. It consisted of Nissan CD player #B8182-89991 and harness #999U7-VF100. I actually have a used one with harness that I would give you a good deal on if I could find the CD cartridge that goes with it (B8910-C9991). My project this week is to organize my back room, so if I run across it, I'll let you know.

I believe Nissan changed the radio harness connectors in 1995, so most non-Bose Nissan decks will "likely" work from the late 1990's. The typically used a large and small harness connector. The large connector housed the front speakers and power wires; the small connector housed the rear speaker wires.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”