93 R3M Turbo Diesel

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Myron

93 R3M Turbo Diesel

Postby Myron » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 am

Hey everyone, I'm new on here.

I'm looking at an automatic 1993 imported R3M Turbo Diesel Nissan Pathfinder with 144k on the clock.

All the documentation is in Japanese. There is no service history so I cannot tell if the vehicle has had it's diesel pump or timing chain replaced. The dealer says the timing has been done, but with no papers this means nothing as dealers routinly lie in Australia...it's actually considered un-Australian if you don't lie.

I took it for a test drive. Very nice, the Auto gearbox works well, power delivery was good for a diesel (the turbo of course). One thing that dissapointed me was that the spare takes up valuble boot space. Electric windows and power streeting seemed ok. Handbreak didn't stop much when cruising at 20-30kph. There seemed to be a leak at the rear axle somewhere.

The vehicle was priced at $4,130 USD but told him I only had $3,400 USD. He said he would sell it for that only if I bought it there and then. So basically he's trying to rush me. Not happening. I think he was trying to prevent me from getting the vehicle checked by a professional.

On the net it seems in Australia that vehicle is only worth $3,240 USD to $3,400 USD which is about $5000 AUD in my language.

Just wanted your opinions,

Thanks

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”