New member needs hslp :( 1989 Pathy VIN LOCATION???

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

pathy_pete_83

New member needs hslp :( 1989 Pathy VIN LOCATION???

Postby pathy_pete_83 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:31 am

Hi there I'm Peter from Melbourne, Australia.

I've just bought a WD21 which I am in the middle of putting on the road.

What's stopping me at the moment, is that the mechanic says the V.I.N should be stamped on the body or chassis, in addition to the ID plate.

I've checked a workshop manual, which says it is on the top of the RHS chassis rail, right where the (RHD) steering box is located... but I cannot see it for the life of me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Peter.

stangkilla1

Re: New member needs hslp :( 1989 Pathy VIN LOCATION???

Postby stangkilla1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:02 pm

[quote="pathy_pete_83"]Hi there I'm Peter from Melbourne, Australia.

I've just bought a WD21 which I am in the middle of putting on the road.

What's stopping me at the moment, is that the mechanic says the V.I.N should be stamped on the body or chassis, in addition to the ID plate.

I've checked a workshop manual, which says it is on the top of the RHS chassis rail, right where the (RHD) steering box is located... but I cannot see it for the life of me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Peter.[/quote]hey peter as far as i know ur on the rite track use a wire brush and cleanoff the sides and top of the frame. (wont be inside of the frame rail)you should find the id number stamped somewhere under the front fenders on the frame if not could it have been replaced at one time as reprodutions may not have corresponding #'s. stangkilla1

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”