Blower Motor Wiring Problem

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

donputz

Blower Motor Wiring Problem

Postby donputz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:59 pm

First, let me say that I have a Nissan factory wiring diagram that I'm working off of.The heater/ac fan doesn't work and there's no power to the AC switch. There are two wires at the blower motor. A blue and a blue and white. Ignition turned to Acc, fan switch is off. When the plug containing these wires is disconnected from the blower, the blue is hot and blue and white dead. When reconnected, both blue and blue/white are hot, and all four of the wires at the resistor are also hot. First question would be, doesn't the fan motor require a ground? The mounting screws are all rubber insulated and the blower casing shows no signs of any ground wire connection, either on the blower itself or the wiring diagram. I'm trying to work this problem one step at a time so I started with the motor :?:

nelshaun

blower motor

Postby nelshaun » Fri May 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Of course, it's certain that it requires a ground if you're going to fix the wiring problem. I think the best people that can help you are Nissan representatives. I also called the representatives before to fix the installation of my blower motor.

plowboy

brick wall

Postby plowboy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Donputz i have the same problem, have you found the answer yet?

gride138

intermittent blower 91 pathfinder

Postby gride138 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 am

Sometimes my heater will turn on and I can control fan speed and temp. The heater runs til I turn the vehicle off. Other times the heater fan won't turn on at all. Any ideas what it might be?

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”