94 Pathfinder with 33/12.50/15 tires Gas Mileage Results

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

ringgoldpathfinder

94 Pathfinder with 33/12.50/15 tires Gas Mileage Results

Postby ringgoldpathfinder » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Just thought I would post up my results for anyone who has ever been curious about the kind of gas mileage they would get after adding a lift and larger tires. My pathfinder is a 94 model 4x4 automatic with factory 4.62 lsd. It has a 3 inch body lift and 33/12.50/15 tires on the factory wheels. Driving it fairly easy I get 17 mpg in combined city and freeway driving. That is only about 2 mpg less than when it was completely stock with 31/10.50/15 tires. I'm pretty happy with the results, I never really knew what to expect because I haven't really heard anyone discuss this. It really does seem like it could use a lower gear now. I've considered trying to find one of the 4.90s from an xterra or frontier because the ones for nismo are just way more than I would ever consider paying for just gears. It would be $1,000 just for the parts. So does anyone have any experience with swapping in the 4.90s?

ringgoldpathfinder

Update

Postby ringgoldpathfinder » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm

As of now I've put about 1,000 miles on my truck since the lift and tires. I've had a low of 16 mpg with more stop and go city driving and a high of 18mpg when I had more freeway driving added in. I'm positive with even more freeway driving factored in it would do even better than 18mpg because even on that tank I still had quite a bit of stop and go city driving added in. I think those results are very good considering it's a mix of city and freeway. I mean these things are only rated for 15 city/ 19 highway completely stock. So anyone worried that your gas mileage will suffer terribly when adding 33's, don't, you might only lose about 1-2 mpg. If you guys have any questions ask away! Thanks guys

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”