new 95 pathy owner needs a little help

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

carpetguy00

new 95 pathy owner needs a little help

Postby carpetguy00 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:11 am

So I bought a 95 pathfinder SE v6 4wd with 175k on the clock. The engine runs absolutely great, nice and quiet. I was suprised. However I wish I would have got it faster than 45 on the test drive. Because when you get it on the freeway, from the passenger side it seems, there is a dangerous vibration. A huge shimmy that shakes the entire vehicle. So i was wondering if there are common suspension problems with these trucks?

Couple other issues: SES lite is on, havent had it checked, not sure how I can with it being obd1, but the previous owner said it was an oxygen sensor. And the oil smells like gas.....

It sounds like air is coming in behind the dash. Probably the center close to the top... Anyone had this problem?

Do these have timing chains or belts?

One more thing... sometimes it shifts roughly from 1-2nd gear. but smoothly after that... solenoids maybe? I am going to take the wheel off today, do a closer inspection and post what I find. Till then, any advice is appreciated.

pathy1

Postby pathy1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:25 am

Hi There, As for the viberation, Check for out of balance Have tires
balanced. Also this could be caused by a bad strut, (or shock) Look closly
at the steering components to see if the tie rod is bent.
A quick way to check for out of balance, is to put the spare tire on in place of the one thats causing vib. If it continues, Take it to a shop for inspection.
Good luck :)

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”