95 drivers door handle replacement

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

wook

95 drivers door handle replacement

Postby wook » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Glad I found this forum!! I need help!

So I locked the keys in my friends' 95 Pathie, and during the process of slim-jimming the lock open, I broke the door handle. I purchased and installed the new door handle. However, when I try to lock the door with the key or the interior stem(manual locks/manual windows), some part of the lock mechanism hits the plunger from the door handle. Without the door handle plunger in place; lock works fine. Door handle plunger in place; no go! I cannot feel that any part of the lock is hitting the plunger assembly, but something is going wrong.

Does anyone know of a schematic for how the door handle/lock mechanism is put together? Its obviously a bit hard to describe...and if I could see in there, it would probably be a lot easier too:) But I can only get my arm in there enough to be able to feel around with two fingers and my thumb! If I knew for sure how it all went together visually...there's a chance I could feel it out. Someone suggested that maybe the lock part got flipped around 180 degrees? But it seems to works just fine without the handle plunger in place.

Also, I'm amazed that the handle plunger doesn't have some way of locking itself into position. From what I can tell, it just sits in its cradle with enough tension to stay put from the eyelet in the handle.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any information. This is really my first delve into any kind of car fixing. I was pretty stoked for a while at my progress...then just plain baffled and frustrated once this problem came up:)

So yeah, looking for a schematic for how the door handle and lock is put together, drivers door, 95 pathie!

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”