New owner, old truck, help needed with climate control

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

ludwigvan66

New owner, old truck, help needed with climate control

Postby ludwigvan66 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:05 am

My AC is charged, used to work great, but temp lever seems to have no effect on air temp coming from vents. Lever slides very easily. Does anyone here know if this is a servo operated lever, vacuum, or mechanical?

dustedwatts

Re: New owner, old truck, help needed with climate control

Postby dustedwatts » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 am

ludwigvan66 wrote:My AC is charged, used to work great, but temp lever seems to have no effect on air temp coming from vents. Lever slides very easily. Does anyone here know if this is a servo operated lever, vacuum, or mechanical?

what year path? does the compressor kick on?

Jacks_Pathwagon

Postby Jacks_Pathwagon » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:30 am

Since you said " lever" I assume it is a manual system ( 3 levers, temp, mode and recirculate) it is a cable system. The most likely problem is any one or more of the following.
cable retaining clip broke/came off and cable is loose
control head ( the place in the dash that has the levers) has a missing clip, or the lever mechanism is broken.
temp door is stuck or blocked, and caused cable to come off
the doors should move freely without much force, if there is resistance then it will cause the cables/ levers to break, this goes for all 3 doors.
My rule of thumb is remove the cable from the door in question and move it by hand to check for restriction or being stuck, if it seems okay remove the control head ( caution, do not pull it out very far if you havenot disconnected all cables from their door) If control head and cables are good, reinstall everything, if happens again replace the control head

cheiane

Re: New owner, old truck, help needed with climate control

Postby cheiane » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:58 pm

ludwigvan66 wrote:My AC is charged, used to work great, but temp lever seems to have no effect on air temp coming from vents. Lever slides very easily. Does anyone here know if this is a servo operated lever, vacuum, or mechanical?
hi i was looking into the truck parts would you mind if im asking a help from you? i was looking into ac. any help please.

Jacks_Pathwagon

Postby Jacks_Pathwagon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:52 pm

it is a manual system. if the cable has broken, or come off of the temp door it will cause this. i will try to answer the best i can

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”