Messed up sensors during off road trip? HELP...

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

s2_Pathy

Messed up sensors during off road trip? HELP...

Postby s2_Pathy » Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 am

Ok so i kist joind the fourms, i have a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 sev6 and i love it but i recently took my Pathy to the rought off road trails of gorman and during my adventures i think i may have rattled something loose, possably a sensor? Because now when i drive it says my doors are open and the floor lights keep flickiring on and off, also the brake light, and a/t oil temp light and idk why it says that... And all of them keep flickiring on and off, is this a common thing to happen to a Pathy during a off road session? Where shpuld i beging looking in order tO find the cause of all this? Any help is gratley appriceated thanks

Simon

Postby Simon » Wed May 25, 2011 4:20 am

Right, for your door light thing flicking on and off I'd suggest trying the tailgate, perhaps the tailgate needs tightening down a little..
A good offroad trip might shake a few things loose, though if you aren't barrelling down tracks at 40mph you shouldn't have too many problems.

The brakelight is an adjustment of the brakelight switch, if you lay down across the floor in front of the drivers seat and reach up along the brake pedal and follow that with your eyes you'll come to the sensor switch for the brake lights.. you can usually wind it in a little and adjust it, you might need a spanner/shifter or pliers but you can adjust it in a little and tighten it up.

Oil light sounds like a loose wire, I don't know the V6 engine but it'll be just like any other engine in that on the block of the engine there will be a set of sensors, with the engine cold (so you don't burn yourself) go and push ALL the wires around the engine and make sure they are tight..
Also, check the oil level and if you keep having the same problem with the oil sensor get an oil change (do it yourself, it's a lot cheaper and it's piss easy!)

Perhaps I can offer more info if I know more but the above gives you a starting point.

Oh yeah, I'm new here too, so welcome to the forum. At least someone is offering help with your problems, hehe ;)

Good luck,
Simon

s2_Pathy

Postby s2_Pathy » Wed May 25, 2011 9:52 am

Thank you so much, i just woke up, im going tp go outside now and check all of that out and then hop back on here and lert you know if it worked or not, oh and welcome to the forums too! :)

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Thu May 26, 2011 5:46 am

the tailgate switch is a commoon problem for causing the interior lights to come on and off while driving like Simon said. Usually if the brake and AT light come on together that would indicate the alternator going out. When your voltage drops past a certain level (11.0 IIRC) those lights will come on. All this happening at the same time seems strange but check and make sure your alternator wiring is all tight and connected as well as your battery to start with.

s2_Pathy

Postby s2_Pathy » Thu May 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Sweet ill check that out, my gf has the Pathy right now but when she gets back ill check it...

stangkilla1

Postby stangkilla1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:52 pm

[quote="WheatBread"]the tailgate switch is a commoon problem for causing the interior lights to come on and off while driving like Simon said. Usually if the brake and AT light come on together that would indicate the alternator going out. When your voltage drops past a certain level (11.0 IIRC) those lights will come on. All this happening at the same time seems strange but check and make sure your alternator wiring is all tight and connected as well as your battery to start with.[/quote]hey wheatbread this is stangkilla1 i was hoping u could tell me the easiest way to adjust my t-bars 89 v6 pathy? i dont know how to post a reply other than this. im a gnewb to this forum but not to pathy's or the ins and outs.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”