body lift

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

daniel202010

body lift

Postby daniel202010 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:38 pm

got an 88 pathy automatic 3.0 has anybody put a body lifty on an automatic if so what has to be modified trying to lift it cheap as possible ..

Simon

Postby Simon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Doing a body lift is a false economy... as you get no real extra clearance as your chassis is still going to be what you get stuck on. You'll also have to modify your bumper bars (or bull bars), and quite a few other bits & pieces.

You'd be far better off doing a suspension lift. Though if you've got that already then perhaps get some bigger wheels if you need more lift... but then you might want the body lift to give the bigger wheels more clearance, but start with the suspension first, as it's the important stuff.

Good luck which ever way you go.

Simon

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 am

Radiator has to be lowered or you'll need new hoses (what I did), fan shroud will need to be "modified" (cut) just a bit so your fan won't hit it if not lowered. 4x4 shifter will need to be bent forward or the opening in the floor will have to be cut a bit to get it into 4low - some people install a shifter from a hardbody which solves the problem. Thats all I can remember right now

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”