Couple of problems with my 94

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

inoashortcut

Couple of problems with my 94

Postby inoashortcut » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:37 am

First is the idle. When I first start the truck it idles rough for a bit then clears up. If I jump in and drive down the road. When I get to a stop light it is idling high. If I put it in N its around 1500rpm. If I sit there for a few minutes it will idle down and all is fine. If I can't sit there it will continue to run in this mode until I can allow it to "realize" its idling to high.
The other question. The odometer is off by 3tenths. So when I'm going 70 its really going around 64-65 or so. Is there a way to adjust the odometer to read accurate? The gears and tire size is all stock.
If anyone has any input it would be a great help.

94 pathfinder 3.0, automatic 4x4 200,000 miles. Really around 188000 with the odometer off.

n3ckf

Postby n3ckf » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:52 am

My 91's speedometer *always* has read about 4mph high at 70mph indicated. I never realized it till i started runnign with a GPS all the time.

I think its just a "feature".

However its been that way for 19 years now and its never gotten worse :-)

Scaramoche

Hi idle

Postby Scaramoche » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Well After rebuilding my motor, I had to do alot,.....I MEAN alot of research on what was causing my idle issues. In a nutshell....one of the emission sensors, or all are bad. My solution was simple, I basically removed them, or caped vaccum lines, amazingly I passed emmisions, and got alot of HHP to boot, but the real world is more dastardly.

First I would check all you vacum lines for leaks, or just down right replace, but truth be told its probably one of the sensors on the intake manifold, or the O2 sensor. And i hate to say, the EGR is probably the culptrit(or o2) and that one is not easy to get on and off.

hope that helps
scara

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”