New owner here... '94

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Koncrete

New owner here... '94

Postby Koncrete » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:17 pm

'94 Nissan Pathfinder Manual SE-V6 4x4

She is a little worn but the dude I am getting it from is helping me out by letting me make payments... I was unemployed for a minute and my last car smoked the transmission just a week before I started my new job... So my friend gave me his Pathfinder and said to pay him $1,700 for it "when I can"

Has 238k on it so a new timing belt is in order, also I see the need for a transmission rebuild in the next year or so... In second and forth after full clutch engagement it "grinds" just a little at first then all is well...

Also needed is the drivers side rear brake light housing and a outside drivers door handle...

I have a couple of questions though if one of the guru's of this model could help me out with;

1 Tire size, when looking it up I show 31x10.5R15 as OE but it has 30x9.5R15's... So my actual MPH and Odometer readings are probably faster/more then actual right? Is the 31" tire the OE?

2 Electrical, the lock system seems messed up, I can't "unlock" with the button but "lock" works fine, I could probably pull the switch out and manually cross the "unlock" to see if it's just the switch but the reason I ask is the "Turn key to unlock twice, unlocks all doors" function doesn't work all the time... I tried searching briefly but didn't see much..

Other then those two issues (Well AC doesn't work due to a leak so I pulled the belt off and the stereo is shot) It is a very nice ride and runs very strong, starts right off without any fuss...

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 pm

welcome!

to my knowledge the original size is 31x10.5R15, but some models came out with 235/75-15

GreatNWPath

Postby GreatNWPath » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm with Mar on that one. My 95 has the 31" tires, so the odo and speedo could be off. Also my spare is the 235 x 75, so I may be completely wrong. A decent site to find the brake light would be www.autopartswarehouse.com I got a replacement foglight and turn signal from them for a decent price and scored free shipping. Good luck getting her into good running order

Koncrete

Postby Koncrete » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:02 pm

GreatNWPath wrote:www.autopartswarehouse.com

Damnit... now I gotta get some headers and do the exhaust and probably the intake while I am at it...

This is not supposed to get the mod bug started again, it's just supposed to be a daily driver for a year or two...

GreatNWPath

Postby GreatNWPath » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

I know what you mean, I sold my Civic to get rid of the mod bug. Then I thought about how nice a lift would be, and a brush guard, and a new exhaust, and roof rack...

Koncrete

Postby Koncrete » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:53 am

So far, about 1k miles, I am very impressed with the ride...

Handles decently although I need to find new/correctly sized tires then get an alignment...

I desperately need to fix the door handle, tired of having to crawl through the back to get in when I forget and lock the doors..

Koncrete

Postby Koncrete » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:54 am

any good sites for decently priced tires in that site?

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”