94 pathy that just completely shuts off intermittently

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

stranjblack

Postby stranjblack » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 pm

so i just bought it since i loved my last 94 that the transmission computer took a dump on me and i couldnt afford almost a grand to get another but i figured instead of an auto id get a manual

well the check engine light is on all the time my alignment is jacked and when driving down the road the darn thing will just shut off lights will work and all but all dash instruments go flat..ya know its alot like turning the key of while driving down the road.

now its weird how it goes cuz sometimes it wil sut off for just a blink and sometimes it will shut off for 30 seconds to 5 minutes and even crazier sometimes it will turn on and off like 20 times inna row in a matter of a couple of seconds

just different from anything ive ever experienced on any vehicle

anyone have any ideas as to what it could be im seriously hoping its not the ecu im hoping for a bad relay but i dont really know that much about the truck to start diagnosing the problem and i dont really wanna figit around with too many things and screw it up even more ive tried checkin connections and am going to pull all the useful parts from the other pathy to keep my new one running and send it to the graveyard aka the u-pull it lot

OriginalTK

Postby OriginalTK » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:36 pm

That sounds like the speed sensor (speedometer sending unit). I had the same issue last year, once I replaced it, the vehicle ran like a champ.

stranjblack

maybe it is

Postby stranjblack » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

but i found that there was a loose wire comin off the battery and i replaced the wire and the truuck ran great heck even the check engine light turned off but that didnt last long the check engine light has come back on again im wondering if the wire that i used was in bad shape cuz my truck ran like an absolute champ but now the rpms go up and down alla time and as the engine gets warm it doesnt want to stay on due to the rpm ramp up and down now it didnt ramp up a ton er anything but it goes to about 1k rpm and then goes down from there ima try and get new wires and see how it goes instead of pulling parts from my other one thats dead in the driveway next to it lol

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”