runs like $#it

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

noe58

runs like $#it

Postby noe58 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:41 pm

:( help can any tell me the cause of the following problem?
95 XE v6 4x4 a/t 3.0 after a tune up runs good when cold when warms up runs poorly spits studders gas milage the same as a hum v 5 gal. to the mile
just had a new exhaust system put in new cat muff and dual tail pipes
help b/4 inwreck it or burn it thanks pre tune up ran ok with a little studdering now and then. plug ngk tried bosh iridium run worse faster
changed rotor and cap 2x plugs 1x wires ok checked with meter

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 am

Sounds like a sensor or timing issue.

noe58

Postby noe58 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 am

well after about a month of trying to figure out just what the problem is
and spending endless amounts of hours under the truck and at the junkyards I have finally resolved the issue I had with the sputtering and backfiring I changed the 02 sensor to no avail also changed temp sensor
checked just about every sensor on the truck the culprit? the cam angle sensor. when I removed the cover it had a rust colored dust on it and when I removed the degree wheel it appeared that the center had electrical burns on it well I cleaned everything off and replaced all the bad
parts with parts from the junkyard. replaced everything started it up and it ran better then before...............:) :D What idid notice was that a spring washer was missing in the original set up, that was replaced and all is good thanks to everyone that sent a suggestion and to SKYE for his input thanks

brianf7028

Rough idling

Postby brianf7028 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:25 pm

There is a link somewhere that shows the grounding wire on the MAF sensor goes bad. Do a search. Nissan offers a wire harness to fix this also.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”