How to change rear plug on 1995 Pathfinder?

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

D0UG

How to change rear plug on 1995 Pathfinder?

Postby D0UG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:17 pm

I got all of the spark plugs out just fine except for the one in the back that cannot be seen without a mirror. Anyone have any suggestions on how to reach it?

I tried with a flex head plug socket but it just flops around and I did not get it to work. I tried a straight plug socket but the extension hits the firewall before the socket can reach the plug. So I thought I would check here to see what others have tried that worked.

D0UG

Postby D0UG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:34 pm

I did find the answer on another Nissan forum here:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/spark-plug-n ... 11715.html

It takes a special tool that is suppose to be under the rear seat. This Pathfinder has the socket part but not the crank handle. Just my luck.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:03 pm

I use a Snap-On Tools spark plug socket tool that has a built in universal and 3" extension. To that, I attach a 3/8" drive universal and use electrical tape around the connection to keep it from falling off. To that, I add an 8" locking 3/8" drive extension and use a ratchet wrench. I sorta guide the assembly onto the plug with my left hand while holding it with my right. It works and I've done a lot of them while working for Nissan. For plugs 1-5, I use a Snap-On Tools spark plug socket tool with a built in universal and long extension. I honestly never knew about the spark plug tool in the tool kit and I worked for Nissan for 16 years!

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”