Lights out!

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

SalmonRiverRider

Lights out!

Postby SalmonRiverRider » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:41 am

So I was driving around one night and all of a sudden everything went black on my dashboard and center console. Upon arrival to my destination I also came to find out that my tail lights and brake lights stopped working! I checked a couple fuses and they seemed to be fine. After pulling them out and putting them back in I appear to have my brake lights back. However im not sure if I even checked the right fuses because the schematics in my truck and my haynes auto manual differ from each other. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to electronics so any help would be greatly appreciated! I drive a 91 pathfinder by the way.

SalmonRiverRider

Postby SalmonRiverRider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Well I figured out what the problem was. After a few days of studying the wiring diagrams and contemplating the symptoms I decided to take apart the head light switch and clean up the contacts at the end of the stalk. All I used was some fine grit sandpaper and a little bit of flux. Now everything works fine. So if anybody has the same problem I suggest you try the same thing after you check your fuses, bulbs etc. It's an easy task, all you need is a Phillips screw driver to take the cover off the steering column and the black and white housing for those copper contacts.

TheRude1

Postby TheRude1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks for the info !

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”