Please Help :) leaking gas line in a 94, how do i replace??

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

sirfrank11

Please Help :) leaking gas line in a 94, how do i replace??

Postby sirfrank11 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:45 pm

hi,

just about to pick up a 94 pathfinder for cheap. but before i move it from where it is, i need to replace the gas line. it is leaking from rear passenger side wheel well area, just above the frame. i was told it would be ideal to replace the whole line, to prevent future ruptures of the same nature.

how difficult is replacing the line? can anyone give me a quick over view on what i need to do? should i use steel braided hose instead? or replace with the same hose?

any help is appreciated, i need to get this thing on the road for winter time and my job depends on it!

also, im having trouble finding a suspension lift for them. does anyone know where i could purchase a kit? a three inch lift maybe?

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Can't really help on the gas line but as long as long as it is not too difficult, I would replace the whole thing. You just never know. As for a suspension lift for a 94, take a look at 4x4parts.com. They have suspension lifts for all years. I am looking for one for my R51.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:56 pm

If it's only a hose that is leaking, just replace it with the same size fuel injection hose. You figure the old one lasted 18 years; I wouldn't really complain about that! If it's the metal fuel line that's leaking, it would be hard to say without looking at it. A section could be replaced with fuel injection hose and clamps. A metal section could be replaced a new metal line and spliced in with a compression fitting (or double-flare it).

sirfrank11

thanks

Postby sirfrank11 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

hey guys, thanks for the reply :)

thanks for sending me that site, looks to have what im looking for, i will have to find out in better detail when i get time.

as for the gas line, i guess im wondering if anyone has ever done this before? how hard is it atually re-routing the line? i looked at where its leaking from, and the line seems to just dissapear between the frame and the body. i think i may be on a "trial and error" mission trying to do it, i havent done anything like that before.

any help is appreciated :D thanks!

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”